Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning the material name into CT04 characteristic

MaciejN
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Dear SAP community,

I couldn't find anything relevant to my issue so I decided to create a new question. I am working in the LO-VC environment with the KMATs that have assigned classes, characteristics and so on -of course there are a functional BOMs created under each KMAT.
I need to forward the KMAT name (material description - table MAKT/ field MAKTX) to one of the classes that are present in the KMAT configuration profile. As far as I know it's possible to create a characteristic that has a reference to name field as shown in picture below, but it is only functioning for manual input of the characteristic value that will be forwarded in the procedure/s.
Is there any way to create the characteristic that will just take over the name/parameter that is present in the system?

Thank You in advance
MN

MaciejN_0-1726471753738.png

Felix_Barton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!
I can confirm that this works when setting up the characteristic as you have explained and assigning it to a 001 class which then is assigned to a material.
Since you're referring to the configuration profile, I assume you're using class type 300? If the functionality does not work for class type 300, you might want to look into a function module integrated via dependency knowledge that fetches the description.

Best Regards,
Felix

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MaciejN
Discoverer
0 Kudos

@Felix_Barton  yes I am working with class type 300. Is there any chance that chaning the class type might do the trick? 

Felix_Barton
Explorer
0 Kudos
That won't work since you need the class type 300 for the configuration - and as I understand you would like to use the material description for the configuration of the kMAT.
MaciejN
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Yes, exactly - I need the material name to be shown in the config profile so only class type 300 can be used there.
Felix_Barton
Explorer
0 Kudos
In that case I have unfortunately no solution. Maybe someone else from the SAP community does. Otherwise, I would recommend you to look into programming a function that fetches the value from MAKT.