Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

As the Q1 due date in April 30th, this blog is not updated anymore. The blog for 2022 has been created, if you have any question, please post there.

Another Year with our U.S. Tax Reporter Year End blog. If you have questions about 2021 Year-End reporting, you can post it here. This blog will be updated with tips, best practices and, SAP Notes related to this subject.

To be able to access the Year-end 2021 in the Globalization finder page you need to be logged on (similar to SAP Service Marketplace) because it is a gated area and would need authorization.

To review the planned Legal changes for US, start the Announcement of Legal Change application. You can find detailed information about the Announcement of legal changes on this blog.

Year End notes

3082167 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 Announcement 
3085142 - Year End 2021 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You can just apply this note via Support Package
3082151 - W-2 / 1099-R Forms, Envelopes and PR Approval letter for year 2021
3100510 - Year End 2021 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You must apply the prerequisite note and run the report NOTE_3100510, which is delivered in the prerequisite note:
3120702 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3100510)
3132965 - Year End 2021 phase III for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You must apply the prerequisite note and run the report NOTE_3134256, which is delivered in the prerequisite note:
3134256 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3132965).
3123716 - TR: Short dump when generating a Form W-2 that reports a 3-Digit Tax Type
3135634 - TR: Eugene Tax Type 106 not processed into Third party for W2 (FED) TemSe file
3136264 - TR: multiple blank output W-2 form pages for New Jersey employees
3138406 - TR: Year End 2021 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.
3138997 - TR: Q4/2021 changes for OH ICESA file format
3138872 - Tax Year is missing on W2 form for USERRA
3143778 - TR: Year end 2021 additional U.S. tax reporter changes for the city of Detroit
3140277 - TR: W-2 PR 21 not printing the employer phone field
3144794 - TR: Year end 2021 additional U.S. tax reporter changes for the city of Grand Rapids.

Additional notes

2464161 - TR: W-2 User Guides for HCM US Tax Reporter
2464078 - TR: 1099-R User Guides for HCM US Tax Reporter

Correction notes

3118379 - TAX: RPCALCU0 ignoring tip income after SAP Note 3054328
3118875 - RPCALCU0: technical changes regarding performance for TaxFactory SaaS
3099278 - SAP GUI F4 Amodal control : Search help Internal error table format.

KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles)

2480185 - TR: Tax Reporter - Online W-2 Enhancement Video
3081097 - KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles) for Payroll USA
3124528 - W-4 Legacy Data – Changes in IT0210

ASUG Webcast: HCM U.S. Payroll and Tax Reporting 2021 Year End Update

• ASUG webcast was concluded on October 7, 2021.

• Recording and slide deck for the ASUG webcast can be found here.

• Slide deck is also attached to the SAP Note 3082167 – U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 Announcement.

Limits for 2022

3079731 - BEN: Limits for HSA in Tax Year 2022
3117309 - BEN: Annual limits year 2022
3136963 - GARN: IRS Publication 1494 for tax year 2022.

Kind regards,
Graziela
388 Comments
jwiblepasshe22
Participant
Has anyone been able to confirm if BSI Tub 71 does indeed contain the 2022 Federal Tax tables? The world (or at least the USA) wonders....Thanks, Jeff Wible
yseidy
Explorer
0 Kudos
I contacted BSI support last week and they also said 2022 federal tax tables would be included in TUBs 71, to be released on 12/29. Still waiting...
juli_thompson
Explorer
0 Kudos
I just saw that Tub 071 has been released and the 2022 tax tables for withholding are included.
yseidy
Explorer
Pretty sure the package for tax forms is PC_TAX.
Brandyn_Richmon
Participant
0 Kudos
Is anyone having issues getting the 2022 Fed Withholding to calc correctly?

former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,

Does anyone experiencing issues with PR-W2 rerun? when we delete our spools and rerun, we could see the job count is very less when compared to original run and only few people have spools created.

Thanks

Gayathri
0 Kudos
Good morning,

Do you know when the 2022 Tax Tables in BSI Bulletins and Publication 1494 will be out?
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

Some changes for 2022 were released by BSI in TUB 071.
About the Publication 1494, do you have the IRS link with the changes for 2022? I just found the link for 2021.

Thank you,
Graziela
0 Kudos
Thank you Graziela for the update,

I only see Publication 1494 for 2021 on IRS website.  Do you know when Bulletin 72 will be released?
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

We didn´t receive the API notice yet about Bulletin 72, so we don´t have the date.
Could you please reach out BSI to get this information?

Thank you,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Gayathri,

I don´t see any other customer reporting this and I notice you already opened a case for SAP.
My colleague is checking this for you.

Kind regards,
Graziela
sukhbir_singh3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Graziela,

Can you confirm if BSI tub 71 has all FED related changes for 2022? We are planning to import new tub today and don't want to do it twice. 

It does appear from the documentation below -

AuthorityBSI System CodeTax TypeQF UpdateEffective DateChange Description
FEDERAL00000000

WITHHOLDING TAX

TAX TYPE 001

YES01/01/2022

Changes the wage bracket tables.

Increases the Nonresident Alien ( NRA) additional withholding amount for 2019 or earlier Forms W-4 FROM $8,250 TO $8,650.

Increases the Nonresident Alien ( NRA) additional withholding amount for 2020 or later Forms W-4 FROM $12,550 TO $12,950.

Increases the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEI) annual limit from $108,700 to $112,000.

Thanks

Sukhbir

Good afternoon,

We reached out to BSI and some 2022 Federal Tax updates came out on Bulletin # 65

0 Kudos
Could anyone have the error when applying BSI TUB 70 from the sync program : It was not possible to insert entry WA 3320201231 in Table T5UTX. Not sure what tax type is referring. if this tax type 33 but this tax not even on the TUB for updates . Taxes 113 and 114 are not in Tax model.

Thank you advance
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Prashanth,

Check in table T5UTX if you don´t have any overlapping for tax type 33.
We got some case about this and the issue was due the overlapping.

You need to adjust T5UTX to not have this and rerun the sync tool.

Kind regards,
Graziela
stevenan
Participant
Hello Prashanth,

I had this issue as well.  The note to review is 2550829 - Synchronize Payroll Tax Data Update Error.  It describes a prior issue with same result.  So you just need to maintain tax type 33 and 43 for WA in T5UTX table to clean up the overlapping entries.

Anna
0 Kudos
Thank you so much. This fix the issue with Sync tool.
BSI just released  document that tax types 113 and 114 are reinstated.
former_member649267
Participant
WASHINGTON CARES ACT TAXES TYPE 113 AND 114.

Hi Team,

We have employee in Washington who are eligible for WA CARES FUND LTC TAX: TAX TYPE 113 & WA CARES FUND LTC TAX ER: TAX TYPE 114.

BSI has rescinded in TUB 70. Any idea when BSI will re-activate them or do we need to keep these taxes changes as optional rate override in BSI system. 

Need your input.

jennifer_stnons
Explorer
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing the link.
I have reached out Developer to see when the note will be published.
Anyway, all the changes can be performed manually, using the publication as reference.

Kind regards,
Graziela
ChandraV
Participant
0 Kudos
There was a notification from BSI yesterday saying they will reactivate those two tax types. But there was no indication of when they will come through. Our guess is it will be included in TUB 72.
SRB86
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

We are processing our weekly period 1/2022 payroll and the URME Test run differs from the LIVE run with the Test run matching the wage type reporter total amount.  We have multiple company codes but actually pay from only one.

We only process garnishments (HR Payee Type 4) in our 3PR and are in a freestanding HCM system.  It appears we have some missing HR Payee numbers when I review the T51RH table and several HR Payees have no HR PAYEE TEXT data.

We select the Issue Separate Check to Vendor checkbox on each PA0194 record due to a limitation in our FI system.

I create the FI vendors for our garnishments in our HCM system using FK01.

I am stumped on what would cause URME itself to work differently for TEST and LIVE runs with TEST matching the Wage Type Reporter total of all our Garnishment WT amounts for the period.

Any insight is appreciated!

davidadams
Explorer
0 Kudos
This is not the proper thread for this question, but I will attempt to answer it anyways.

When 3rd party was released many years ago, there were issues with linked creditors, adjusting due dates, etc.  Because of this SAP does not recommend running RPURME00 for only one creditor type.  It does not cause issues in simulation, but can cause problems in production runs.

There is nothing wrong with running 3rd party remittance for only garnishments, but you need to configure the system so it knows that is all it is running for.  You need to deactivate all other wage types from processing through 3rd party, and then you should be good to go.

If you run 3rd party again in simulation without specifying the creditor type, and turn the log on - you should be able to see what wage types you have set up incorrectly.  While it is good to clean up the HR Payee tables, your first priority should be setting the wage types correctly.

As far as the HR Payee tables, whomever deleted payees might have done it incorrectly.  If they did, you might still have supporting entries set up for wage type details assigned to a creditor that does not exist.  This is easy to find by adding the creditor back in development with a dummy name, deleting the lower level entries and then deleting the credit.  WARNING - do not ever delete Ceditors that have actually been used in production.  You can stop using them, and reassign the wage types but you need to leave the creditor there as production has entries referring to it.
ChandraV
Participant
0 Kudos
graziela.dondoni and team - SAP has released a note 3136513 (BSI: WA cares fund tax updated for tax types 113 and 114) for the WA cares fund.  I believe this note is to reactivate these tax types in SAP. However, what is not clear is do we also need a corresponding TUB from BSI to fully reactivate these tax types.  As of now, these tax types are not active inside the BSI, so even if we reactivate the tax types in SAP and pass it over to BSI, BSI will still not calculate these taxes, right? could you clarify this for us?

Thanks

Chandra
Suneetha
Explorer
0 Kudos

When we are trying to apply SAP note :3136513 , it's getting message "Cannot be implemented". Any one is facing similar issue ?

we have already implemented below SAP notes also.

3103555 BSI: Tax Types 113: WA Cares Fund LTC Tax - EE and 114: WA Cares Fund LTC Tax - ER
3134644 BSI: WA cares fund tax postponed

Thank you

Suneetha

former_member109388
Participant
suneethavenati the SAP note 3136513 do not have any correction instructions.

This way, this note cannot be applied in SNOTE transaction as there is no object change to be done.

Basically this is an informative note.
MandarMuley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Has anyone noticed any issues with HR_F_MMREF_1_AL (TEMSE file for AL)? We are seeing additional data after the header record and before RS record.

Screenshot is attached.

Wanted to check before reporting an incident to SAP.

HR_F_MMREF_1_AL Issue

Thanks

Mandar

SRB86
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you David!  I was unaware SAP's recommendation and your information allowed me to correct the issue.

Much appreciated!

Stanette

0 Kudos
Our file for HR_F_MMREF_1_AL looks correct with a RA, RE, and RW record between header and RS record.  Do you have a carriage return configured in header record, location 010?  Possibly that is missing?
MandarMuley
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Cindy

We tried with CRLF at location 10 as well...but it did not resolve the issue.

Anyways have raised it with SAP.

Thanks

Mandar
Suneetha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the update Roger.

WA Long Term Care is not deducted after updating the TUB 70 . We are running  the payroll on January 10th . Business wants to deduct the WA Long Term Care tax in Pay period 01 , is there any workaround to deduct the WA LTC tax ?

Thank you

Suneetha

SRB86
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

We are executing PU19 test runs and receiving a short dump for one tax company on the HR_F_MMREF_1_OH output.    We are on HRSP H0 And EA C1.

This is the first year for the failing tax company to execute PU19 outputs.

In the source code, the termination point is in line 679 of (Include)

program "RPCTRPUT".

The termination is due to exception "CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_NUMBER" occurring in

procedure "PREPARE_ITEM_FOR_TAPE" "(FORM)".

This exception was not handled locally or declared in the RAISING

clause in the procedure's signature however.

The procedure is in program "RPCTRPU0". The source code begins in line 638 of

(include) program "RPCTRPUT".

It appears to be looking for a rate conversion but I don't see any rates are contained in the output format.

Has any else had this issue?

Thanks,

Stanette
davidadams
Explorer
0 Kudos
Did you apply this note?

Component:PY-US-TR

Priority:Correction with high priority

Category:Program error

Release Status:Released for Customer

Corrections:3

Manual Activities:0Entry successfully validated

Prerequisites:0

Symptom

In the standard system as currently delivered, when you run the Tax Reporter (PU19) transaction for Form W-2 and you have amounts for a 3-Digit Tax type for example, Tax Type 106, the following dump is generated:

• Runtime Errors: CONVT_NO_NUMBER

• Exception: CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_NUMBER

• ABAP Program: RPCTRPU0

ChandraV
Participant
FYI - note 3136963 - GARN: IRS Publication 1494 for tax year 2022, is now available for the 2022 tax levy updates.
SRB86
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not correct the issue.

Regards,

Stanette

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Stanette,

Are you using any SAPScript from in the generation?

Kind regards,
Graziela
SRB86
Explorer
0 Kudos
Graziela,

I am loading TUB 72 and received an error in the Sync tool when executing the live run.

Error Text:  It was not possible to insert entry WA 4320201231 in table T5UTX

I have checked the table entries for WA and the starting entry reflects as below.

WA Washington 043 Employee Medical Aid Fund Tax 01/01/2011 12/31/9999 9,999,999.99 0.010000000

The Sync Tool table shows it is attempting to update the T5UTX table as indicated in the screenshot.

WA 043 date issue T5UTX

Thanks,

Stanette

davidadams
Explorer
IF pv_text = true.
* required when i51t3-amprp 1 - 4
lv_t_reslt_value = pv_tvalue+i51t3-offst.
lv_nreslt_value = pv_tvalue+i51t3-offst.
* For rates we need to do this in order to come up with
* the right value.
CLEAR i5ut3-taxfg.
LOOP AT i5ut3 WHERE txitm = i51t3-txitm
AND taxfg CA '6789'.
EXIT.
ENDLOOP.
IF i5ut3-taxfg CA '6789'.
lv_rate_reslt = lv_t_reslt_value * 100.
lv_nreslt_value = lv_rate_reslt.
ENDIF.
ELSEIF i51t3-amprp CA '1BE3DA'.
lv_nreslt_value = pv_value * 100.
ELSE.
lv_nreslt_value = pv_value.
ENDIF.

I would set a break point on the top line that I pasted, which is from the form you provided.  This is where it is blowing up.  Then, you can single step through to see the exact line that is causing you the short dump.

Once you figure out the line that is causing the short dump, you should be able to look in the variables in prior lines to determine what is trying to be converted.  By doing this, you should be able to isolate what part of the form you are using that is causing the error, and figure out what is going wrong.

Sorry that this is vague, but this should get you into the magnetic tape structure and subsequently get you to a field in T51T3 that access a tax form group or something like that.

I am glad to try and help more, but you need to get further along in debug so we have a clue as to what is blowing up.

CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Stanette,

The issue you are facing is caused when there is a delinquent record for the tax rates on table T5UTX.
In order to correct it, you will have to update table T5UTX manually and then rerun the Sync Tool.

You may refer to 2550829 - Synchronize Payroll Tax Data Update Error.

Kind Regards,
Carlos
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Stanette,

This is due the overlap for tax type 043.
You need to change it manually in T5UTX to fix this overlap.
After this you will be able to run the Sync tool.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
carlosaccorsi we replied the thread at same time... kkkkkk
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

graziela.dondoni This is a great team work 🙂

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes, except no indication in the statement from BSI about when the TUB that reinstates the collection of premiums for tax types 113/114 will be issued. Based upon Governor Inslee's comment that the legislature will reconvene on January 10th to decide the issue, I'd expect the BSI TUB that reinstates the taxes to be issued sometime next week.
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Matt,

BSI just confirmed that the Tax Types 113 and 114 will be reinstated on Regulatory Bulletin 73, released on January, 19th.

Kind Regards,
Carlos
psrinivas12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

We have encountered an issue with /Qxx because of the application of OSS Note 3101020, which was released on Dec. 27th 2021.

We have raised OSS Incident 16164 / 2022 with regards to this issue.  Please look into this at your earliest convenience.

For example,

Say, EE has /Q03 in RT and TCRT in last Biweekly period 26.2021, when the OSS note 310120 had NOT been applied yet.

Also employee's /303 & /603 for FED is already over yearly taxable ceiling $142,800, say $152,800.

After payroll run for period 26.2021, the note 3101020 was applied.

Now, in period 01.2022, there is retro back to 26.2021 and the schema (ADDCU function in Final processing) is creating negative amount for YTD /Q03 in TCRT.

This negative amount is equal to 142,800 minus the YTD /303 in TCRT.  In this case, it would be Negative 10,000 (142,800 minus 152,800).  

Regards

Paddy

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Paddy,

I colleague is assigned to the case and will  verify the issue.

Kind regards,
Graziela
former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Mani,

Is there any update on PR W2C magnetic tape changes for 2021?

We could see the PR W2C tape changes released by Hacienda on 01/05/2021.

http://www.hacienda.gobierno.pr/node/4957

Appreciate quick update.

Thanks

Gayathri
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Darci,

Would you please confirm if the year 20 is not populating at all on Box 12? Or is it being populated with an incorrect value?

Kind Regards,
Carlos

former_member322068
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Good Morning,

Since our original message we have found  Box 12 MMU  for the tax year 20 (Tax form field showing as  D20- USERRA 401K) is still not working as it has in the past.  When we produce the W2, the field is now only showing the first two characters whereas in the past it has been showing the first three characters in the W2 Box 12

Past = D18, D19

Current = D2.

We found we could edit the text as 20D- USERRA 401K and then only the 20 showed in Box 12.

Please let us know if you need any additional information.

Darci