Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

#UPDATED SAP S/4HANA 2022. Offers Sales Representatives a tool to manage different Sales Documents, with the possibility to change them massively without any development effort is welcome as off SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS02 with SAP Fiori app “Mass Change of Sales Documents  -  ID F5091"

In this blog, I will share with you the minimum configuration needed to activate and leave the app ready to use. Also, a tour of its functionalities, the multiple available fields you can change, and the option to include a new field by extensibility.

Let´s start with the required configurations:

Step 1 – Activate the services as indicated in the Fiori app library in the level “Implementation Information”, please retrieve the information from this link Mass Change of Sales Documents.  You can follow this link for more details, how to do it: Activating Fiori Apps Via Rapid Activation

Step 2 – It is necessary to configure the number of parallel processes it allows. Please check this with your technical team to avoid any negative impact on the daily operations.

In this step, you must define the server group to be used by the app to run the jobs. In my case “parallel_generators”, and I will allow only 5 processes in parallel.

Note that you have to include in your role assignments the role  SAP_BR_INTERNAL_SALES_REP.  You can see this link how to redifine business role if you need: Refining Business Roles with SAP Fiori Launchpad Content Manager

Now you are ready to use Mass Change of Sales Documents app.:

When you access the application, you must select what type of Sales Document you need to update. You can massively change fields accessing one of the following sales documents:

At the bottom of the screen, you have the status of all the jobs scheduled.  Meaning, failed, In process, and completed:

And you can check the detail of each one:

Notice that you can configure the list according to your convenience by pressing the option

You can filter by Sales Document and according to your needs. Also, you can include new filters and save it as your variant.

For each sales document you can:

• Change Header Data

• Change Header Partner Data

• Remove Partner Data

• Change Item data

• Reject

• Set/Remove delivery block

• Set/Remove billing block

• Update Prices

• Credit Check ( only in Sales Order )

• Release Return ( only in Customer Returns )

In my case, I need to massively update Sales orders. So, I select the option:

I want to include in my filters the “sales order Type” and only “Sales Organization” 1710.

From the list, I need to “Set Delivery Block”,

Please, follow this video:

After submitting your mass change, you can follow the status: in process, failed and completed. You can see my example in this video:

As you can see, in my case we have some Sales Order updated and some of them with errors. Additionally, by the list you can access to each document for further analysis and direct edition when needed.

Other functionalities and Tips:

• You can replace with certain value all sales documents selected. It means, all the documents will be updated with the same value you confirmed.

• Items mass change is available in this app selecting the “Sales Order Items” tab:

• You can delete staging records in the Mass Change of Sales Documents app by using the Deletion of Staging and Job Table Entries for Completed Jobs report (SD_MCC_SDOC_REQUEST_DELETION. You can find the report in transaction SE38.

• If you need to use in this app a Custom Field, you can extend the app according to your business needs by Extensibility. Please see this link for further information App Extensibility: Mass Change of Sales Documents (Key User)

• If you want the user who triggered the mass change or specific members of your sales organization to be informed when a mass change job is finished, you can configure a Situation Template. Please see this link Situation Template: Mass Change of Sales Docs: Jobs Complete

Now you can set and experience this useful application to massively change Sales Documents and Enjoy!

I hope this blog post was helpful for you. If so, click on "like" or "share". I'm looking forward to your feedback and thoughts or clarification questions you may have in the comment section below.

Thanks,

Brought to you by the SAP S/4HANA RIG team.

21 Comments
helloooo
Explorer
Happy to know this. As far as I understand, this is the substitute for the Tcode MASS of the Sales transactions in a more efficient way, I will be glad to hear your comments for my understanding.

All the best!!

Regards,

Shaik Jaleel.
MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Shaik,

Yes, you have this functionality and more. you can monitoring, view the log with a list of documents and you can access to the document by clicking in the number to adjust if you need too. The interface is more friendly. Among other things.

Regards,

Marcela.
lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
Firstly this app is powerful app and well designed for usage with fiori.

• Changing quantity is a common requirement. Is this currently achievable.

• Changing Price at item level doesn't allow to enter a changed value. How does this value get determined currently.

Hello Marcela,

Can we add additional fields in this app at header and item level?
MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Manasa,

Yes, you can add a new field at header or item level with the application Custom Fields and Logic Fiori app.

Regards,

Marcela
MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Lokesh and sorry for my delay.

The field quantity can not be change with this application. This application change for all of the sales documents selected a single and confirmed value.

The application have the option "Update Prices" .

Regards,

Marcela.
anilkumar_suri
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Marcela

Thanks for the providing above information,
Question: In configuration App-Specific Settings-->Process Sales Orders-->Assign Sales Order Types, i have maintained only One order type ...why it displays Return when that is not maintained

does not show Return Orders , but when I run Mass changes of sales order app when i Click Customer Return

Question 2nd
how can we  add standard fields more options at header or at item level

will you please let us know if there is a standard way to add additional field values

Regards

Anil
MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Anil. Thank you for your question.

Question 1.

The configuration point you share is to assign sales order types to the "Process Sales Orders app."  to create Sales orders.

Question 2.

In the Fiori Library for each application there is an  "Extensibility" section into the "Implementation Information" where you can find the options are able to use to extend  "Mass Change of Customer Returns" .

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/index.html#/detail/Apps('F5279')/S24OP

into this section you can find guidance how to cover your specifics needs too with interactive questions

https://ga.support.sap.com/dtp/viewer/#/tree/1910/actions/24709

Regards,

Marcela.

oldelpaso
Explorer
Hello,

Thanks for the blog! Quick question, do you know how to control the list of subtiles that are appearing on the app main screen ? For instance if i want to add the "Sales Orders Without Charge" (F5336) and remove "Customer Returns" (F5279).

Thanks,

Guillaume

former_member848140
Discoverer
Hi Marcela,

Thanks for the blog!

I'm looking for a way to automatically schedule the 'mass change' with a fixed view, cfr using a variant in a background program.

Is there a way to do this, preferably without development, but if no option, how to handle this in the best way?

Thanks,

HMG.
MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Hilde,

thanks for your question. Unfortunately there isn't this functionality in Mass Change of Sales Document app.

If you need to do this with a development the best practice is to use BAPIs.

Here you can see the list of BAPIs for sales documents:

BAPIs

Data Source

Description

BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2

Create Sales Inquiry

BAPI_CUSTOMERINQUIRY_CHANGE

Change Sales Inquiry

BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA2

Create Sales Quotation

BAPI_CUSTOMERQUOTATION_CHANGE

Change Sales Quotation

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2

Create Sales Order

BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE

Change Sales Order

BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATEFROMDATA

Create Sales Contract

BAPI_CUSTOMERCONTRACT_CHANGE

Change Sales Contract

Regards,

Marcela.
MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Guillaume,

sorry for my delay.

You can explore this link to extend SAP Fiori apps.

Guided Answers (sap.com)

Regards,

Marcela.

Pettmark
Explorer
Hi,

For those running 2109 SP02 and have issued with the app not loading the result set after clicking "Go"; here is the note that fix the issue: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3300853

Regards,

Petter

Hi Marcela,

thank your very much for your post.

I have tested the app for "Sales Scheduling Agreements".

Only a few fields on header and item level can be changed.

Is it possible to extend the changeable fields in this app (no Customer Fields just SAP Standard fields)?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Christian

MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

In the Fiori Library  section "Implementation Information" you can find the options are able to use to extend  "Mass Change of Sales Documents" .

SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library (ondemand.com)

into this section you can find guidance how to cover your specifics needs too with interactive questions

How to Extend an SAP Fiori app for SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud - How to extend a SAP Fiori app...

Regards,

Marcela.

tou
Discoverer

Hello,

Thanks for the blog!

Quick question,

I configured the system according to the method you introduced.

But after I clicked the sales orders button, the order selection screen did not appear, it was completely blank. Do you know why? Or are there any other settings I should check?

MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello da teng,

thank you for your question and sorry for my delay.

I would review the Implementation section from the Fiori library regarding authorizations or odata services. Here the link:

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F5091')/S26OP

I hope this help you.

Regards,

Marcela.

Hans
Explorer
Hello Marcella,

In our standard Change Sales Document transaction (VA02), we have some custom code that, when the user changes the delivery date, pops up a dialog to ask for a reason code, which is then stored in a custom field. This works fine in the Change Sales Document tile in Fiori. We would like to have something similar in the Mass Change transaction, i.e. ask the user for a reason code before the jobs are submitted. Do you know where we can find the code that is executed behind the scenes when the user clicks the Submit button?
MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

You can add your custom field into the "Mass change ... " app. To do this you need to create the custom field by the "custom field app" and there you need to activate the field into the "user interfaces " for "mass change of sales documents" . After that you will have the custom field available to change in the app.

Regarding the verification, for example if you have the code into the user exit, this verification will happen in "mass change of sales order" too.

This blog has the step by step to create custom fields, perhaps will help you: https://community.sap.com/t5/enterprise-resource-planning-blogs-by-sap/how-to-create-custom-fields-i...

I hope will help you!

Regards

Marcela.

Zohaib
Discoverer

Hello Marce,

Is there any way to schedule this app in background. For example like I want this app to run every Friday and do the necessary action configured as a variant or something similar to this.

Thanks

Zohaib

MarceGiovanetti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Zohaib,

Thank you for your question.

For now, until s/4hana 2023 with this app. it is not possible to schedule the execution in background.

Regards,

Marcela