Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Introduction to the in-house repair process:

In-House Repair supports companies that offer a repair and maintenance service for products. This service is performed in-house at repair centers.

The in-house repair process provides core activities for repair and maintenance such as prechecking, planning, repairing, and triggering billing for the repair objects.

You can view this demo to see how it looks like:

(Please logon to the community to watch the video).

For more information, see SAP S/4HANA Cloud / Service / In-House Repair on the SAP Help Portal and In-House Repair (3XK) on SAP Best Practices Explorer.
42 Comments
Vijayendra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks!!

natarajannaraya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Do we have configuration document related to inhouse repair process as shown above

klaus_lhnert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is SAP serious about using this as an replacement of the SAP ERP Service Solution (SD, LE, CS, MM, FI, CO)?

uwe_malzahn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Customer Service (CS) is available for S/4HANA OnPrem only, not in S/4HANA cloud. CS component is part of the "compatability scope", i. e. SAP applications that will be supported in S/4HANA for a limited time, see SAP note 2269324 - Compatibility Scope Matrix for SAP S/4HANA on-premise

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2269324

There will be new scenario "invoiced service/maintenance" with all logistics integration MM etc. including PM orders that are invoiced by service orders. Delivery of this will start with S/4HANA OnPrem 2021. For S/4HANA cloud, the service component will continue to deliver more logistics integration in the future.

0 Kudos
Hi

I'm looking for the best practice szenarion for the release 2020, but for the on prem system. Is there one hi could give me a replay?

Beat regards

Beat
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Beat,

for OP release 2020 I could provide you with this demo guide which covers the in-house repair process: Demo Script for SAP S/4HANA 2020 Fully-Activated Appliance: Service - Inhouse Repair

Have a look to this very good and detailed guide. Hope this helps! And let me know if you have more questions,

Best regards,
Udo
0 Kudos
Hello Udo

Thank you for the link for this Demo Script. This is very good, but a systemguide what I have do to on the system like the Setting Up Service Order Management (41Z). This would be very helpfull.

Best regards

Beat
Gina_Cowart
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Udo,

We just implemented S/4 Hana 2020 on prem.  I am trying to execute the Demo Script for SAP s/4HANA 2020 Fully-Activated Appliance:  Service - Inhouse Repair.  I am getting an error during the precheck step when I chose decision "Start Repair".  The error is "Check the processing status '2'"  CRMS4_REPAIR_BO019.  Is there some configuration set up that is required that does not come with Best Practice activation?

Thank you,

Gina
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Beat,

sorry, such a guide is not yet available. This guide presupposes the best practices content for 41Z and this is currently not yet available for in-house repair scenario. We have it on our road map but I cannot say when it will be available.

Best Regards,
Udo
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Gina,

I'm quite sure that there is something missing or wrongly configured in action defintion customizing. But it's not related to any BP activation because for in-house repair we don't deliver any Best Practices. Let me clarify that.

Thank you,
Udo
Gina_Cowart
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you Udo for the quick response.  Can you point me to the customizing menu path for the action definition you are referring to?  I have checked a lot of the configuration and all seems to look ok, but maybe I missed this step.

Regards,

Gina
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Gina,

could please check if all in-house repair relevant status profiles (REPA20__) (which are required for all actions) are available in your client.

If this doesn’t work, I would suggest that you create a support ticket.
Logon to the SAP Support Portal with your S-user ID and password: http://service.sap.com/message

BR,
Udo
0 Kudos
Thans Eirick for this blog.

I am SAP CS consultant. Its good to know that Repair Order process is now supported in S/4 Hana 2020.
0 Kudos
I have read somewhere that in S/4 CS is supported till 2025 only.

Any idea about roadmap of SAP CS module in S/4.
o_frick
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Namit,

SAP has extended the usage rights for Customer Service (CS) in S/4HANA until the end of 2030, see SAP Note 2269324 for more details.

We are currently working on a Maintenance Centric service option in S/4HANA, see  https://roadmaps.sap.com/board?PRODUCT=73554900100800000266&range=CURRENT-LAST#;INNO=089E017A62AB1ED...

This option will bridge the new S/4HANA Service Management process with the existing Plant Maintenance process in S/4HANA, and thus significantly ease the adoption of the new S/4HANA Service Management process for CS customers.

Kind regards, Oliver
MZ1919
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

SAP Service - Inhouse Repair

We have the same problem with missing status profile REPA2002, which is defined in SAP standard for the item type REPI.

This status scheme is not existing in CRMBS02.

So the Fiori Apps for in-house repair are not working, because the missing repair object status definition leads to no further action opportunities:

0 Kudos
Thanks Oliver.

Much Appreciated.
rotzer_ms1956
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hallo zusammen,

DANKE Oliver für den Link, In diesem Link sind auch die anderen Produkte aufgeführt. Welche der "New Service" müsste wir hier in die Selektion nehmen, dass wir einen guten Überblick bekommen?

Das würde uns sicher für das schnellere Eingrenzen helfen, um damit wir auch sicher zum Ziel kommen.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Beat

rotzer_ms1956
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hallo Michael,

Ich habe das Statusschema mit der TA BS02 gepflegt. Dort habe ich das REPA2002 gefunden.

IMG ServiceTransactions Basic Settings Status Management Define Status Profile for User Status.

Grüsse

Beat
MZ1919
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Beat!

Thank you for your answer.

The status profile is also not in TC BS02. (system rel S42020FPS1).

But today I found the missing profile REPA2002 in the 000er client 🙂

So, I give feedback, if the in-house repair apps are working after customizing the missing REPA2002 in the productive client.

I hope I dont forget 🙂

br

Michael

MZ1919
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Update

Although I customized REPA2002 for Repairobjectstatus, there is no change in behaviour of the App.

As you can see, it should look like this (with the progress steps and the status displayed for the repair object):

But it looks like this in my case:

Help or input would be very very very nice 🙂

Br

Michael

0 Kudos
Hi Michael

I have at my customzing information this:

ServiceTransactions Basic Settings Status Management Define Status Profile for User Status

What have you in this table?

User Status Profile for Repair Object Item (REPI) [REPA2002]:

Status Profile
Status Profile REPA2002 Description Repair Object Status (Item)
Object Type CRM Order Item
User Status
Stat. No. Status Short Text Long Int. Stat. Low. High. Pos. Prio Auth. code Business Transaction
  RPO [E0001] Repair Order Exists                
10 NEW [E0001] New   X 10 90 1 1   OPEN (Open)
20 CHCK [E0003] Precheck: Decision Pending     10 90 1 1   INPR (In Process)

Business Transaction No Influ. Allowed Warn Forbidd. No act. Set Del.
INPR (Edit) [I1003] X         X  

22 CHCO (E0004) Precheck: Define Details     10 90 1 1    
40 PLAN [E0005] Plan     20 50 1 1    
50 REPR [E0006] Repair     40 80 1 1    
80 BILL [E0007] Bill     50 90 1 1    
90 COMP [E0008] Completed     80 90 1 1   FINI (Complete)

Business Transaction No Influ. Allowed Warn Forbidd. No act. Set Del.
Completed [I1005] X         X  

I have a other problem which i had to open a OSS Note.

Regards

Beat
MZ1919
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Status Profile is set correctly.

Update: 22.6.2021: opened a SAP-Ticket.

MZ1919
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Update: SAP answered and told me about missing entries in SPRO -> Status Management -> "Optimize User Status for Queries".

I copied entries from 000er client.

As a result, status is now available, but still there are no progress steps available or the "Decide"-Button:

So I found out that the Customizing for the "Process Profile" REPA was also missing and Customizing for "assign action to status".

I also copied that from 000er and than I could assign REPA Proces Profile to REPI.

Now it works 🙂

Eliel
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your valuable contribution on this post.

Would you mind sharing screenshots for the configurations done in "Process Profile" REPA and Customizing for "assign action to status"?

I am struggling with the same issue . Unable to create quotation and repair order from the “perform Prechecks “ app.

Best Regards!
MZ1919
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi!

Exact path (in best case with screenshots) in SPRO and I will give feedback.

br
Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Udo,

Thanks for the detailed blog.

I looked into all the documents related to In-House Repair process in S4, and I am missing the integration scenario with Logistics. How is the inbound delivery and the outbound delivery after the repair is handled. Is there a reference to these delivery documents from the repair order.

I remember in CS, we had a repair order and a repair schema associated with it which handled all the logistics scenario. But in S4 Service - I am not able to understand the linkage between repair order and the delivery documents. Could you please suggest how we handle the inbound/delivery - is it handled separately??

Thanks,

Siraj
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Siraj,

in-house repair integrates with returns process (ARM) since Cloud 2111. With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 you can trigger the return process in In-house repair directly.

Check out Young Hwae Koo's  Service in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 | SAP Blogs to get an impression on the integrated return process.

This integration will be available with SAP S/4HANA 2022 in the same way.

I hope this helps and answers your question.

Kind regards, Udo
Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Udo for your quick response. We only have S/4HANA 2021, and I guess there should be some enhancement to link the repair process with the returns order.

Regards,

Siraj
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Yes, this integration required some enhancements.

Best Regards,
Udo
former_member812397
Discoverer
0 Kudos
We have to implemented S/4 Hana for create In House Repair. I am trying to follow up the step from your video, but when I create perform precheck, and then start repair error will occur. The Error is ( Check the processing Status '2' ),  ( Action could not be successfully executed ). and  ( You can only create one follow-up for a repair object ). Can anyone suggest me

Thank you
Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Udo,

Sorry for coming back again. We tried and explored the ARM process, and there is an option to create a repair order (RA2) from the return order. This repair order has the repair procedure associated with it, to handle all the outbound logistics scenarios.

Should we use the repair order (RA2) to perform the outbound delivery after the repair is done. Because the return order was able only to perform the return/inbound delivery, it did not have any option to perform the outbound delivery to customer after the repair.

Seems like we have to make use of the repair order to perform outbound delivery. Could you please confirm whether this is SAP's approach, or will there be a change in this process in the 2022 version.

Thanks,

Siraj
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Yes, in this case you have to perform  the outbound delivery within repair process (apps). If a returns order is available/created, you will get additional decisions in e.g. Prepare for Billing with which you can trigger/create the outbound delivery document.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Udo
Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello avally,

I assume that this is on-premise! This corror can have many causes. For example missing action profile (as already mentioned further up), or wrong configured user status of the scheduling conditions in action defintions), etc.

Can you please create a support ticket for this error?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Udo
catry_olivier
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

Much appreciated for your contribution.

I'm facing the same issue.

Related to the "Process Profile" REPA missing config.

Is it possible to provide some print screens, please ?

Kind regards,

Olivier Catry.

MZ1919
Explorer
0 Kudos

sambtr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

am facing a new problem. I copied the Action Profile to YREPA2002, so that I can assign the Y transaction type. But I do not see any buttons in my fiori app. Please see below

with standard Action Profile REPA2002

sambtr_0-1708253590982.png

with YREPA2002

sambtr_1-1708253616030.png

Thats my setting for the Action Profile:

sambtr_2-1708253633463.png

Please suggest if I am missign something:

regards

Sambit

sambtr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I guess I found the solution myself. The Action profile was standard 🙂

regards

Sambit

Archie_Saxena
Discoverer
0 Kudos

@Udo , Hope all is well! 

What action triggers to have status Received in Repair center( What does it mean of service center here) 
As per help.sap.com-- We need to perform two actions 1. GR, 2. Material Inspection- (Done) to show the status as received in Repair center but still it is showing as pending for delivery in Repair center. 
Appreciate your insights in config steps or process steps. That could help me to complete this End to End Inhouse process. 

Thanks

Udo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Archie,

what you did is correct. After material inspection status of the repair object should be changed.
Please check in your inspection, if follow-up activity 0027 - Continue In-House Repair (Service), if you started the returns process from in-house repair.

Regards,
Udo

Archie_Saxena
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello @Udo , Thanks for the response. 

Configuration was missing in SPRO-Sales and Distribution-sales-Advance Return Management-Rename Follow up activity- 
After i renamed and Maintained-- 0027- Continue Inhouse repair. saved. 

Availibility was showing as Delivered at Repair Center. (1. GR. 2. Material Inspection-- Follow up activtiy as 0027- 0027- Continue Inhouse repair) 

Thanks

sambtr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @Udo 

I am trying to use Product Bundle in my IHR. But Unfortunately it is not exploding.

I performed the following steps:

1) Used Item Category SVB1

2) Created a Bundle with type Bundle

3) Maintained Master record in the create Bundle App

Is there anything else I am missing?

regard

Sambit