Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ari
Advisor
Advisor
This blog post is part of a series called “Tip of the Week”. In this week’s tip, we'll see how to use QR  codes in marketing docs.

The Quick Response code was first designed in the 90's for the automotive industry in Japan - barcode that is a machine-readable optical label containing information about the item to which it is attached. Since then, QR codes became popular also outside the automotive industry, and used in applications to include product tracking, item identification, time tracking, document management, and general marketing.

You just have to scan it. But, before you scan it, you have to generate it… for that, SAP Business One introduces new functionality allowing you to assign QR Codes to marketing documents. Enter all relevant values in the General Settings > QR Codes tab:

In the marketing documents, a new field is added in the Accounting tab, where you can either enter text or use formatted search for generating the required value:

Now, just add the QR code field into your Crystal print layout, and it will appear on the print out.

Available in SAP Business One 10.0 PL02 and SAP Business One 10.0, version for SAP HANA PL02.

I hope you found this information helpful and as always, I’m looking forward to your feedback in the comments section below. If you do have questions about SAP Business One, feel free to ask them here in SAP Community Q&A. This tip and all other tips can be found in the tag tipoftheweek. To receive notifications about new related blog posts, please follow my profile and #communications. Also, check out our SAP Business One Community page with lots of helpful links and resources.
10 Comments
former_member309532
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ari Schapira ,

I tried the same in SAP b1 but it didn't works.

'It work like in text form on crystal report '.

Could you please guide.

Thanks
Maya_Shiff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
hi Mukesh Dubey,

please refer to SAP Note 2889899 for further details about this feature.

regards,

Maya
0 Kudos
I really think that this procedure requires a guide, the blog article and SAP Note (2889899) is a good start. However, hard to follow as a step by step guide for making this feature work.
Maya_Shiff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
hi Robert,

could you please indicate in what stage did you encounter difficulty in completing the feature activation?

if you prefer, feel free to contact me directly by mail: maya.shiff@sap.com

Thanks,

Maya
rkuma633
Explorer
0 Kudos
I followed the SAP Note (2889899) , but still OQRC Table filed 'QR Code Image Content' coming as blank.

is there anything to activate?

Thanks

Ravindra
zoltan_tyukos
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Ravinda,

What is the exact scenario, what you was going to try?

The simplest scenario is working without any activation or coding, etc.

You can simple enter (through keyboard) a value (text) to the  QR code field on the form of a marketing document and add (or update) the document - the QR code (in png format) containing the text from the mentioned field will be automatically generated and added to the OQRC table.

Of course you have to use at least version 10.0 PL02.

Regards

Zoltan
francisco_acuna
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Zoltan,

I have the same problem that Ravindra on platform SQL 10.0 FP2102.

How does the system for complete the value of this field?, is there anything to activate?, this function is based on a store procedure or other service/process?

I don't sure if the field value is only a normal text?, like I did it.

A/R Invoice

I followed the SAP Notes (2889899, 3066813), but still OQRC Table filed 'QR Code Image Content' always is blank.

OQRC

Regards

Francisco
zoltan_tyukos
Discoverer
Hi Francisco,

unfortunately the B1's query generator can't display the content of that field (it is a BLOB - a png image of the generated QR code - which can be than easily included into a CR layout).

But if you check that table through SQL studio - you will see that there is a content:

In case that a relevant record created in the OQRC table that means that the QR code was generated - as a record in OQRC is created only by that generation functionality.

Regards

Zoli
francisco_acuna
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Zoli,

That's correct, I tested with a text and it worked on Crystal Reports!

I have only one more question: how can I filed a picture, .pdf or other file type in the field  'Create QR Code From'?, I need open with QR code a picture, .pdf, etc.

I tested this in Crystal Reports but the QR code scan only open the string text > 'AR Invoice_536_20220708_82918AM.pdf', this text is filed in the field  'Create QR Code From'.

Many thanks

Francisco
zoltan_tyukos
Discoverer
Hi Francisco,

unfortunately binary source type is not supported, currently the supported source type is string only.

Regards

Zoli