Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos
Many industries who are working different manufacturing processes, requires there users to record their time consumed in the production Process. The process may be producing a FG product, Plant Maintenance or Services incurred on a project etc.. Many of these employees who works in these companies many be in different levels, require SAP license only to record there time in the system.

For companies this can result in to high cost to acquire licenses just to record the time in the system for their employees. Also If they want to use CATS, they has to implement HR module as to get the personnel number as well which is a tedious job.

I had a similar situation where only 10% of the company require the SAP licenses where rest of the 90% people works at the project site.

To overcome all the above time & efforts, i have used an alternative way by using Excel based tool to record the time sheet for the entire team and at the month end (Depends on the company's requirement), only the authorized person (Accounts manager) will log & post these entries in to the SAP system.

Steps to Achieve -

1. Create a screen layout for KB21N which matches Excel data base format

2. Use the attached excel sheet to record the timesheet. There are some hidden sheets where i have added the master data like employee names, project codes in progress and home cost centre, Grade mapping against each of the employee

Once you submit the above time sheet. It will store in the another time sheet database sheet which is access only to the accounts manager. At the month end/weekend, the accounts person will login to the protected sheet to post to into the SAP.

The "Update SAP" button has the VB recording script added which i recorded using "Script Recording & Playback" option in SAP. Once the accountant clicks this button. In the backend, SAP will run the script by executing the t-code KB21N to post the excel entries.

Ultimately, system will post below CO entry which is similar to CAT7 entry.

Employee Cost Dr (Project Code) XXX (Time * per hour cost)

Employee Cost Cr (Employee Cost centre) XXX

I had pre-configured the layout and created the different grades as activity types and assigned the per hour rates to them in KP26.

9 Comments
alex_miao2
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Nice blog, where can I download the excel sheet?
bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos
Please share you mail id.. i'll send you the sheet...
0 Kudos
Nice blog. Thanks? Bhaskar Could u pls share d excel screen layout to this email leila.bayron@gmail.com.
Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
I think the blog title is misleading, because it is not about CATS.  It is about a low cost solution for a certain (rather small) scope of what CATS functionality can offer.
bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos
Yeah. Its a low cost solution for those who dont want incur any additional cost for time sheet booking
0 Kudos
Hi Baskar,

can you please share the excel file also to me ( inkognito@e-mail.de )?

Thank you and

kind regaeds

Thomas
0 Kudos

Can you please share the excel file also to me? Thank you very much.

E-mail: <content removed by SAP Community Moderator>

marco1982
0 Kudos
! Hallo

Können Sie mir bitte diese Tabelle zur Verfügung stellen?

Mfg

Marco Sommerhalder
0 Kudos
Can you please share the excel file : shanidbakkar@gmail.com
Labels in this area