Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This article will be re-published after some improvements.

Inconvenience caused, if any, is regretted.

36 Comments
former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your knowledge

0 Kudos

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Thank you all! Good to see it was well received.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very Good Document...Thanks for Sharing...

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prashantpimpalekar,

Very good! But when you said that these documents will be saved on BSEG are from classical posting from FB's, means that these documents will be saved when the project was migrated, am I right?

I guess for the new documents created by FB's will be saved on ACDOCA,

Thank you.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Excellent summary.

FAGLFLEXA and COEP are still there in SAP (I haven't looked at the assets). FAGLFLEXA still used for splitting.

The index and aggregate tables are replaced by Hana generated DDL SQL views (i.e. can still look at the tables in SE16/SE11 but HANA just fills the HANA view with information from the line item tables - look and feel of se11/se16are the same as pre Hana)

@ Joao Paulo BSEG is still populated for all FI transactions as per normal but the ACDOCA table is also populated at the same time with BSEG and COEP (i.e. CO) information. The reason for stating FB's is that any CO transaction that only posts to CO will be populated in ACDOCA and not in BSEG (i.e. BSEG operates as per normal SAP) - examples are assessment and distributions between cost objects such as Cost Centres.

Thanks Prashant for the info.

Regards

Neal

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good presentation with very useful content.

Thanks for sharing.

NSK

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Neal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good one

0 Kudos

This is a great piece of information for starters on SFIN.

Thanks You!

0 Kudos

Thank you all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Its wonderful document. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Mohammed Kalim

kishore_babu15
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you. Good document.

0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant!

This has given a proper summary of Simple Finance which was must needed for starters like me.

former_member183294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Prashant,

Thank you for sharing informative about SFIN,

Sir,

SAP H/4 , We tested P2P cycle is reflecting in BSEG, BSIK, BSIS and also in ACDOCA table .

It flow in on only ACDOCA table in SAP S4 HANA. if data flow Index tables and ACDOCA table it will be heavy data on server.

please suggest me as above

With regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos

If your question is; "why do you still see index tables BSIK and BSIS with data and will it take up space in the HANA DB?", then the answer is; "BSIK and BSIS are no longer physical tables but non-materialized compatibility views which do not take any memory on your HANA DB". You are only allowed to use SELECT statements on these tables to support backward compatibility.

Non-materialized views do not take up space in the DB because they are computed on the fly. So you need not worry about the data foot print from any of the index tables. This explanation holds true for all the index tables removed from S/4 HANA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good summarized information. Thanks

Best Regards,

Chirag Panchal

former_member183294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

edwin.felix.r

Thank you for clarification of my Query.

With Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

This is very useful information.

Are you going throw some light on migration to Central Finance from non-SAP (esp. Oracle) ERPs? I'm interested to know details of the migration process and pitfalls (if any).

Thanks.

former_member228698
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Good document. Thanks for sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help and interest to share good material on SFIN :smile:

former_member200701
Participant
0 Kudos

Good presentation with very useful content.

Thanks for sharing.

bharat_khanna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Thanks for the clear pictre of ACDOCA table. Very helpful. Will be willing to read more of SFIN, inc case you have posted few more.

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Indeed its a valuable information. Being a technical consultant, I would like to know the impact of these changed data model on ABAP side.

We have beed using various BAPIs, IDOCs, BTEs, Substitution / Validation exits for various functionalities throughout various versions.

Obvious question is, how these are handled in S/4HANA 1605 version and if there is any document / Release notes available for migration of these Technical Artifacts. I tried to find, but could not find a good information on this. Will be helpful if you can point me on this.

- Harshad

sattaiah_gundu1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right Neal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Nice Efforts.

Can you anyone here Answer few of my Curiosities Regarding below:

How We will Map Data in SLT Using Central Finance Scnerio?

How CO Document Posted in Source System will be Handled Target System?

Hoe we will Covert all of our Cost Elements (Primary, Secondary) to GL Accounts. I know using T.Code FS00 we can do one by one, How we can Do in Bulk. Is there is any New Functionality SAP has Introduced for that?

My Client might will Start Migration Project Shortly.

Any Notes, Configuration Guide and Documentation Links will be Appreciated.

Thanks

Umer

govind_gogate2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Umer,

Regarding point # 3 on cost elements - there is no facility available to do bulk upload for the cost elements (which are going to be created using FS00), like the one which was available earlier (Automatic Creation of Primary and Secondary Cost Elements).

- You reach the transaction code FS00 when try to create Cost Element.

- while creating a GL account, need to specify the GL account type - whether it is a balance sheet / Primary cost or revenue  or secondary cost account.

- On the basis of the same, on the tab"Control data", Account settings in controlling area" will be available to determine  the cost element category.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Govind for Confirmation. Appreciate your Efforts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RE: How We will Map Data in SLT Using Central Finance Scnerio?

The mapping will be in Z tables in Central Finance or MDM functionality if implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neal for your Feedback. I Appreciate it.

Can you Explain a Little More in Detail if we use Basic Version of MDG Which Does Not Require a Separate License, then How We can Perform Mapping and Can you tell us about Cost Object Mapping Frame Work, How it Works and How Do we Map Cost Objects Like Internal Orders and Production Order using Cost Object Mapping Frame Work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M. Umar,

I cannot answer this as I have not implemented a Central Finance instance yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neal for you Feedback, I will Appreciate if Someone Can Answer this Question on this Forum.

0 Kudos

Excellent, thanks for sharing!

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Guru,

Have you come across during S4 migration the FAGLFLEXA count before and after migration  has changed drastically. in my case it has increased by 80% of existing count and what could be the potential reason the increase.

Thanks for reply.
0 Kudos
Hi,

Very good and useful information. My client looking towards for S/4 implementation. They have started technical migration to HANA. However they are still taking more time when to move on Simple Finance.

Just wanted to check are there are pre-requisite steps or preliminary setup that we can do now like BP creations or anything which can reduce some of amount of time. The main aim is to start ourselves prepared for the big project and begin with minimum things that do not have any dependencies.

Regards,

Santosh

Labels in this area