Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hello and welcome to my blog post on Asset Account Assignment Integration with FM/GM Objects. I will be highlighting the Time Dependent Tab within the Asset Master in this blog.

Introduction:

The time dependent data in Asset Master manages the account assignments such as Cost Center, Profit Center, Funds Center etc. over the period of its asset life. This means that accounts assignments are manage via "Time Intervals". When configuring FM/GM, we should activate the Funds, Funds Center and Grant.

Activate Additional Account Assignment Objects

In Asset Accounting->Integration with General Ledger Accounting->Additional Account Assignment Objects->Activate Account Assignment Objects, we can activate the Funds, Funds Center and Grant Fields.

We need to select "Active" Indicator for these fields. You may also notice additional checks for "Bal. Sheet" and "Agreement".

Balance Sheet Indicator controls that if the Asset has been been capitalized, it is no longer possible to change the account assignment.

Agreement controls that at the time of posting to the asset, the account assignment is not changed. It will generate error message "AAPO189".

Process Error Table

At the time of posting if error message "AAPO189" still appears on the activated account assignment, we can switch off this message by configuring the "Process Error Table" in Asset Accounting->Integration with General Ledger Accounting->Additional Account Assignment Objects->Process Error Table.

You can further refer to SAP Note: 1880075 - Error AAPO189 during asset transaction posting.

Specify Account Assignment Types for Account Assignment Objects

In Asset Accounting->Integration with General Ledger Accounting->Additional Account Assignment Objects->Specify Account Assignment Types for Account Assignment Objects we should add these fields for postings to GL.

Enable Fields Status in Field Status Variants and Posting Keys (T-Code: FBKP)

Enable the Fields Statuses for Postings Keys, i.e. "70" and "75" and also the Fields Status Group entered in the GL Master to either required or optional according to the project requirements.

Define Screen Layout for Asset Master Data

In Asset Accounting->Master Data->Screen Layout->Define Screen Layout for Asset Master Data, ensure that the fields are appearing in the specific Screen Layout.

FM/GM Derivations

The final set of configuration are the derivation rules (FMDERIVE/GMDERIVE). Define the rules according to the project requirements. For e.g. Cost Center -> Funds Center, Internal Order -> Grants and etc.

Asset Master

Conclusion

I hope that my blog provides solution and guidance to the subjected matter and hope that my colleague consultants finds them useful in their implementations.

Best Regards,

Anss Shahid
3 Comments
bana07
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you dear Anss.
balakoteswararao
Participant
Hi Shahid,

Informative and useful too...Thanks for sharing the Knowledge.

Regards,

KR.
0 Kudos
Thank you Anss.

Regarding FM/GM derivation, is there any prerequisite to use the derivation rules ?

I have defined a rule in FMDERIVE (Functional area derived from Cost Center) but rule doesn't apply during asset master data creation.

Should Funds Management be activated as a prerequisite ?

KR
Labels in this area