Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member191939
Active Contributor

Hi All,

Hope you people are doing great,I have jotted down the process of asset cut over assuming that prerequisites for asset upload are at place(All configuration for Asset in Sfin as there are many dicussion/document for the same).

Asset Cut over process has changed since inception of sFin S4 Hana.

Earlier we use to upload asset master data and take over value through AS91 and for posting any JV entry we use to use OASV.

Now in sFin S4 Hana the upload process has changed,OASV  T code has been removed from the system. In AS91 transaction type field has been removed.

A new T code has been introduced for uploading values for asset i.e ABLDT.

One can use AS91 to create asset master and then can use ABLDT for uploading the values of that asset only if there are few number of asset (which is not possible practically) and one cannot even make LSMW or BDC for the T code ABLDT so practically using AS91 and ABLDT is not possible in sFin.

For creation and uploading takeover values use BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVERTAKE_CREATE, this BAPI will create the asset master as well as upload the values simultaneously(Of course you need to take help of ABAPER for mapping the fields of BAPI and making a z Tcode for uploading the asset).

Please find the attached file of BAPI.(BAPI Aset previous year and BAPI asset current year),I have attached .txt format as .xls format is not supported,please copy and paste n excel for having better understanding of the BAPI file.

Now when you upload Asset (if company is going live in mid-year) then the accounting entries will be as follows. If company is going live in year-end then there is no problem as there will not be any ordinary depreciation.

Here all the entries are fine except that the ordinary depreciation is not hitting the expense account (5 series ordinary deprecation account).

For doing this you need to create a JV using F-02

The entry should go according to cost center level and entry will be.

Ordinary Dep A/C  dr (5 series GL)

To Upload A/c (9 series GL)

Hope this will be helpful for all.

Any Suggestions or Critics will be highly appreciated as this will help me to Improve in Future.

Regards

Eugene

62 Comments
sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

A confusion for most of the consultants on S/4HANA finance projects. This will really help many in the fraternity.

Keep up the good work  vincent007 Thanks for sharing

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Thanks a lot for your kind words which keeps me motivating.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranu, As Sanil rightly said, New asset accounting really a grey area for many real-time consultants after S/4HANA Finance introduction. This document will throw more light on this area. Very information and useful. Keep sharing... BTW, I want to ask you one thing relating to NEW Asset Accounting as how you are dealing with different fiscal year variant in S/4 HANA Finance as we have this limitation that Non leading ledger fiscal year variant cannot be different with leading ledger fiscal year variant Regards Karthikeyan

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for your encouraging words.

Well to be very frank I did not had this scenario(was lucky not to have :wink: ) but there is one note released by SAP I guess.

SAP note 2220152 - Ledger approach and Asset Accounting (new): Non-calendar fiscal year variant for parallel valuation

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the document... It will help a lot in HANA implementation but one thing i would like that why SAP has not allowed to get LSMW,BDC for ABLDT.. Don't you think it wierd thing?? D

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for encouraging words.

Yes there is no LSMW or BDC for ABLDT which is bit weird.

Regards

Eugene

malviya_arjun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great Document, Ranu... :smile:

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your kind words. :smile:

Regards

Eugene

choda_bala
Explorer
Great Ranu and appreciated the details.
former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Bala for your kind and encouraging words.

Regards
Eugene
0 Kudos
Thanks Ranu for sharing the knowledge. It really helps every one.
I have a question.  As per my understanding, Data migration to S/4 Hana is required only in cases of migrating from Non SAP to S/4 Hana. But from ECC to S/4 Hana, data base can be migrated using SLT by Basis team. Correct me if I am wrong.
iraladamodara_reddy
Active Participant
Hi Ranu

Thanks for sharing this updates on S4HANA relating to Asset Accounting.

It is a big draw back /grey Area to all FI Consultant  on upgrade from ECC 6.0 to SAP-S4 HANA in AA point of view.

Uploading of AA Master data /cut over values is very big confusion/difficult process to all (not like earlier AS91)...just  Live with it...

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Irala,

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes you are absolutely right as this is big grey area and we have to live with it. 🙂

former_member242887
Participant
0 Kudos
Great work Ranu, i'm stuck on asset uploading for two days. and you have said it is done using the BAPI, but i can't find the attached .txt file, was it removed?
former_member191939
Active Contributor
Hi Salo,

I think it has been removed.

Regards,

Eugene
Shakir_Shaikh
Participant

Good work Ranu ,it will be of great help to all those working in S4HANA projects.

*** Just a minor correction , you have stated BAPI name as-

‘BAPI_FIXEDASSET_TAKEOVER_CREATE’ however its actually ‘BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVRTAKE_CREATE.

Additionally we can also refer below notes pertains to asset legacy upload :-

Kind Regards,

Shakir

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello Ranu,

Hello togheter,

thx very much for your comments. actual i am trying to migrate datas trough LSMW and the mentioned "BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVERTAKE_CREATE" and it works fine. The only Problem is that i don´t know how to migrate the takeover values for more than one depreciation area simulataneously (there is only one target field). Can somebody help me ?

Best regards

Stefano

0 Kudos

Hi Ranu

Thanks for your sharing .

Do you know whether can  i transfer legacy data directly from a Microsoft Excel file into S/4 System? i search this article and fellow its step & structure http://10.1.3.174:1080/saphelp/PLAINHTM/ZH/70/93a417ecf411d296400000e82debf7/frameset.htm

but i meet some question without solving.I am not sure this t-code AS100 using normally in s/4,I expect  you to give me some suggestion as well as  using ‘BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVRTAKE_CREATE.'

thank you a lot and hoping your reply.
former_member111137
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank You
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

I can't find the attached files of BAPI.(BAPI Aset previous year and BAPI asset current year).

Could you please send them to me on my personal mail hassan.randa@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Randa Hassan
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello Randa,

Were you able to receive the file? I was looking for it also...

Regards,

Ime
mariadefago
Explorer
Hi Ranu,

Very useful your information, thank you very much
former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Maria,

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words.

Regards

Eugene
kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu

Thanks for sharing this knowledge article.

I am executing BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVRTAKE_CREATE and getting error message F5 611 "Acct determination for Additional accounts for Asset Accounting with keys not defined in ch/acts 1000 "

Do you know why this error occurs ? I have done configuration as per note 2331123.

Also what are settings required for IDoc in this process.

Regards

Kapil
Former Member
0 Kudos
Nice Information Ranu!!!

Reagrds,

Rohit Yadav
0 Kudos

Hi Ranu,

I can’t find the attached files of BAPI.(BAPI Aset previous year and BAPI asset current year).

Could you please send them to me on my personal mail  manoj_020@yahoo.co.in.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

Very helpful information! I cannot see the attached document. Can somebody please send me these files : chemlal.amal@gmail.com

Thank you in advance

Amal
former_member242776
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

Thanks you so much for more useful and helpful information 🙂

Please send me the txt and exl formats to my mail id Lnarayana2008@gmail.com. which will be more helpful for me.

Regards,

Lakshmi Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

Thanks a lot for  sharing such a wonderful information about the asset migration process in S4 Hana.

Could you share the text file for uploading in my mentioned mail id - debadutta.bbsr@gmail.com.

I would also request the forum ,if any one has the file please share.

Regards,

Deb
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

I am Using the BAPI as mentioned above but when we are mainatining values in Cumulative table  system is not updating the values.

COuld you please send me the file of BAPI.(BAPI Aset previous year and BAPI asset current year) over my email ID please date.abhay@gmail.com
Former Member
0 Kudos
Could any one please help to know what is the difference between the BAPI Aset previous year and BAPI asset current year
former_member350392
Discoverer

Hi Ranu,

Thanks you so much for information.

I am currently using transaction AS100, it works correctly for load.
Has anyone ever used it?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

Really very useful your information on legacy asset upload  thank you very much

Could you share the text/excel file for uploading in my mentioned mail id – abdul.aby@gmail.com
ajayggautam123
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ranu,

Really very useful your information on legacy asset upload. Thank you very much for sharing the information

Could you share the text/excel file for uploading in my mentioned mail id – maheshwarichandan19@gmail.com

thanks
0 Kudos
Can you please send the file to ktnob@hotmail.com.

I am supporting an Asset Data Migration during fiscal year for S4CORE 102 environment,

Thanks a lot! Kind regards,

Kirtan
former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Eudes,

Thanks for update.

Which version of S4HANA you are working on.

Regards,

Eugene
former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Abhay,

When I created this document then I had attached the format files (BAPI Aset previous year and BAPI asset current year) in .xls and .txt but during migration of SCN from old version to new version the file got removed, so those two are names of files which I had attached.

Hope it's clear now.

Regards

Eugene
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

Thanks a lot for sharing information about the asset migration process in S4 HANA.

Could you share the text files for uploading on my email id – atifamin103@gmail.com

Regards,

Atif Amin

William_Chi
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

This is really helpful to understand how to upload asset value in S/4 Hana. Because im new in S/4 Hana. Btw, how can i find BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVRTAKE_CREATE in SAP? and can you send to me the template to Jonah.William.Chi@gmail.com
Thank you very much

Regards,
William
MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Greetings,  Requesting if you can attach/share the txt files mentioned in blog.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Great hardwork keep it all.
espinabelli
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the detailed information Ranu, can you please re-attach the file format you mentioned in first post?

Thanks!
Erica
0 Kudos
Hi Ranu,

Would it be possible for you to send me the file format. Thanks a lot for the article
0 Kudos
Forgot to mention my email :    atul.bhatnagar@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Very helpful information! I cannot see the attached document. Can somebody please send me these files : psdb2227@gmail.com 

Thanks & Regards.

Naidu
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one share the file to mohamednau@gmail.com

0 Kudos
thanks for blog
0 Kudos
Hi, Pls. Share the file to souvikchatterjee@live.com.

Great to study this and enriched from your valued effort and I heartily appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Hola! Mi email es mebatistutti@hotmail.com

Podrian enviarme el archivo a mi mail? Por favor, se los agradecería
0 Kudos
nice presentation., can u share some pdf file relating the same to rjaganathangopal@yahoo.co.in
Labels in this area