cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Marketing Cloud : Save Campaign Outbound ID in external tool for Interaction Contact

nithinv
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Can you please help me to understand how to use the outbound ID of an email campaign from SAP Marketing Cloud (yMkt Cloud) to allow external tracking tools to identify contacts and campaigns ?

I basically want to store the Outbound ID of an email campaign from SAP Marketing Cloud system in an external destination such as SAP Cloud Platform along with contact information to use it for further Interactions comes in for same contact.

I found the below online blog spot. I am looking for more details on the storing Outbound ID in external tracking tool.

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/09/23/how-is-mail-tracking-working-and-how-to-combine-it-with-web-trackin...

Thanks in advance

Nithin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member247020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Really depends on your use case but you can store the data externally and access the data when needed. Not sure what you need the data for.
As Theo said, you would need to extract the outbound ID e.g. from the url in the email.

Wouldn't is be easier to just store the contact information and the campaign id? Not sure if you really need the outbound id.
You can retrieve the Email outbound interactions and save them in a external system or DB (e.g. DB on SAP Cloud Platform with provisioned service).
You can call the service directly or use any middleware like SAP Cloud Platform Integration to do so.

Request example
https://{{SAP-Mtk-Host}}/sap/opu/odata/sap/API_MKT_INTERACTION_SRV/Interactions/?$top=1000&$filter=I... eq 'EMAIL_OUTBOUND'&$select=InteractionUUID,InteractionType,InteractionTimeStampUTC,InteractionContactUUID,InteractionContactOrigin,InteractionContactId,InteractionType,CampaignID,MarketingArea

br,
Johannes

former_member267312
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nittin,

I am not sure I fully understood your question. Which "external tracking tool" are you looking at and what do you want to achieve with it?

As part of the campaign execution SAP Marketing Cloud creates interactions (e.g. "outbound email") and these interactions have an outbound id so that SAP Marketing Cloud can identify e.g. which customer clicked on a link of a certain campaign.

You can of course extract contact and interaction data from SAP Marketing Cloud by leveraging the OData services (learn more in the SAP Marketing Cloud Integration Guide).

BR

Theo

nithinv
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Theodor Lungstras,

Thanks for the response.

Yes , an outbound ID can be generated as an integrated part of Outbound Email Campaigns. I am looking for saving this Outbound ID in an external system preferably in SCP database. Later we want to make use of this Outbound ID for identifying the right contact even from other systems than yMkt Cloud.

Thanks & Regards

Nithin

former_member267312
Contributor
0 Kudos

maik.offerle , johannes.hirling can you help Nithin?