cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Marketing Cloud: Custom attributes of Marketing Permission check in Suppression Rules

jakub15
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear SMC Experts,

I want to ask you for help regarding the Suppression Rules BAdI available in SAP Marketing Cloud. We need to extend the Marketing Permission by custom fields in which we will store Opt-In/Opt-Out for specific topics per Communication Medium. Then during the Campaign execution based on the selected topic in the Campaign Header, we need to send communication only to those contacts that have Opt-In for this topic.

I wanted to ask if have you maybe implemented a similar solution and what will be the best approach. Currently, the only solution we found is to check values in custom fields by using one of the following CDS views C_MKT_CONTACTPERMISSIONQ / I_MKT_CONTACTSUBSCRIPTIONC (we can extend only these two views by MP custom fields). Is there any better approach to implementing it and checking the MP of each contact without using CDS views? Our main concern is the performance of such implementation.

We will appreciate every suggestion regarding possible solutions.

Best Regards,
Jakub

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

isathore
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jakub,

You also posted in the blog Suppression Rules: Methods, Tips and Tricks | SAP Blogs. I suggest that we continue in the blog, since the community will be migrating and we will not be able to communicate with it until end of Jan.

Best Regards, Isabelle

SaravanaM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jakub,

I just want to clarify if you want to use opt in / opt out based on specific topic, you can use the Subscriptions by creating different categories for each topic instead of permission with custom development?

Regards,
Saravana.

jakub15
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

but Subscriptions can be imported only for Communication Medium = Email. But in our case we need to handle the same topics for SMS and custom Communication Medium. That's why we decided to extend the Marketing Permission. But if you have solution with Subscription please let me know.

Best Regards,
Jakub