cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Solr Synonyms

0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

we are using currently hybris 5.1.1 with solr 4.6.1 and I happened to cross a strange behavior with solr synonyms functionality which i can describe as follows :

let's have a keyword that returns after search the products (a,b) and another one that returns the products (x,y,z). if i decide to use the second keyword as a synonym for the first one i expect to have as a results the products (a,b) but unfortunately i get (a,b,x,y,z) as a results.

So what do you think we have missed to get the right result?

Best regards,Blej

former_member775304
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood correctly, I would say that that is the expected behavior. Please check the following page: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.SynonymFilterFactory

Regards, Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Any update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the expected behaviour. If you are expecting products a,b . Make it as hypernym instead of synonym. You can configure this in facet search config in hmc under synonym tab. Instead of giving the keywords as comma seperated, just give the keyword in from and to text box. Attached the screen shot for more clarity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Downvoted....

0 Kudos

Hy ,

The configuration you provided above is the same i followed and i still get the same result, do you have any idea how hybris define this native behavior?