cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Store from database when uploading stores by SFTP?

WoodyCX
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,
to our Emarsys database we can upload CSV file with Stores via SFTP server.
Manual states, that we should upload file whenever there is a change in stores (new store opens or old one closes).
As I understand, we can choose, if we rather upload delta load or full load.
My questions are:
1. How file/field should be presented, so Emarsys knows if it suppose to delete one of the shops or seek for delta changes?
E.g. on one day we upload new "stores*timestamp*" file where we change "size" parameter for shop ID=120, and we close one shop ID=147.

2. How should I "inform" Emarsys, that the store file I upload is either delta load or full load?

Thank you in advance,
Adam

View Entire Topic
juanescab
Explorer

Hi adam_lut, I hope you're doing well,

From my understanding, the store data file is overwritten every time you upload it into the Smart Insight SFTP. Here it is stated on the documentation.

Then, I would say that if to add or close a specific store, it is needed to upload the complete store file, following the name pattern specified during Smart Insight Self-Service configuration, even if the change will be in just one row.

I hope this information help you with your issue.

Best,

Juan Cabrera

WoodyCX
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,
might be that I misread "From time to time, we recommend uploading your entire store data [...]", meaning not "if you do delta loads, do full load from time to time" but rather "even if there are no updates to stores, please do full reload from time to time".
I shall check it.
Thank you very much for your help!
(would be great if someone from Emarsys could confirm it)