Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Storage location in inter company STO

rahul_tariyal1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For my customer, we are planning to implement different storage locations in SAP. So its possible same article will be available in different storage locations say 0001 and 0002 within same plant (DC). Now for certain types of STOs to a different plant (store), we expect to goods issue from SLOC 0002 (and also later do ATP on SLOC 0002).

So to achieve this I activated, but still the issue storage location field is grayed out in ME21n screen, hence not able to mention issue storage location of sending DC.

Would be nice to hear , if someone have seen and solved similar scenario before.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

senthilpmba
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to to activate Stock transfer between Storage location in configuration, that will enable the Issue Sloc in STO.

Please ref the Note # 1826705

Thanks Senthil P

rahul_tariyal1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil for answer, I activated the setting mentioned by you (and also in the note) now the field Issuing Storage location can be updated.

But then received another error ME892 "You cannot enter an issuing storage location for supplying plant &1" as the issuing plant had the distribution profile assigned (Note 1763873).

So we dropped the solution direction to have issuing SLOC in STO and then ATP to have SLOC determined in OBD based on shipping point in STO (ATP is then can be carried out in OBD at SLOC level).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rahul_tariyal1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jose for the quick reply.

I tried the setup for the outbound delivery as you mentioned and works fine too.

You have to set the configuration for outbound delivery following this path: SPRO->Logistic Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location -> Assign Picking Location.

I also checked the link for BADI MD_EXT_SUP, but seems its relevant when the Stock transport req. are created out of MRP run. In my case, the STOs are created direct via Me21n or from allocation table.

Would this BADI also work to identify a particular issue storgae location when STOs are direct created ?

jmarquezmr
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

for an STO, the storage location could be automatically determined. You have to set the configuration for outbound delivery following this path: SPRO->Logistic Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location -> Assign Picking Location.

If the logic is complex, you can try to use a BADI. Please check this wiki this https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPMan/Issuing+storage+location+on+stock+transfers+created+by+...

Regards,

Jose M.