cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle data length limit of OnBeforeSetAccountInfo extensions's enrichment response

SebastianSchuck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

recently I've noticed for one CDC tenant's OnBeforeSetAccountInfo extension endpoint a bunch of the following error messages in the logs:
'data' length is over the limit (20000 chars)

As the documentation does not mention any such limit, I was wondering if anyone else did run into this issue and how you handled it.

In my scenario, I have a bunch of array objects as custom profile attributes that need to be modified by the extension. And as there is no way (afaik) to update only specific objects in these arrays, the enrichment response contains the whole arrays. Causing the data fields to be rather long sometimes.

Best,
Sebastian Schuck

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Kunal_Bansal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sschuck,
Seems you're encountering the length of the 'data' field issue in the extension suite.

In my expert. opinion, I would recommend you contact SAP Support as documentation on CDC/CDP is limited.

best regards,

Kunal

SebastianSchuck
Active Participant

Thanks for your answer. Was just hoping somebody else did run into the same limitation and has some tips how to deal with it 😄 Because I fear there is no way to raise the limit. But let's see what the support says.

Best,
Sebastian Schuck

Answers (0)