suresh_266
Explorer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

karim_benakli_kb
Participant

Dear Suresh,

to answer your question, you can use SAP standard migration programs RSIRPIRL (see OSS note 389366) and RSGOS_RELOCATE_ATTA (see OSS note 2293171), depending on how you want to transfer the files (per business object or all).

Rgds,

Karim

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. Maybe you can answer directly to suresh_266 who was the actual author of the question. It was not really this question initially. I just suspected that it was possibly his goal.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NB: sequel of this question is here -> Need to download files from attachment list. | SAP Community

karim_benakli_kb
Participant

Indeed, sorry, I meant to answer Suresh, I've adjusted my comment now

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOFFPHF is just one of the tables which store Physical Documents of SAPoffice attachments. There are also the tables corresponding to the Logical Documents, and the main storage location can be a table or external software (for the details, see transaction code OAC0 -> repository SOFFDB).

Usually, the function module SO_DOCUMENT_READ_API1 (and others SO_...) is used to read a SAPoffice document.

You can find lots of answers in the forum by searching the words above.

suresh_266
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I checked the OAC0 transaction and I have gone to the path showing in SOFFDB Repository. Still, I couldn't find the physical location of files storage.
I have checked the SO_DOCUMENT_READ_API1 FM also, It is asking Doc I'd as input, but in our tables, SOFFPHF and SOFFCONT1 tables Doc I'd field is not there.

Could, you please help me out in this.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About you "couldn't find the physical location of files storage":

1. Probably my answer was not clear, the location is made of multiple tables and possibly external software: "SOFFPHF is just one of the tables which store Physical Documents of SAPoffice attachments. There are also the tables corresponding to the Logical Documents, and the main storage location can be a table or external software (for the details, see transaction code OAC0 -> repository SOFFDB)."
  2. I can't tell you what you have. In mine, apart the administration tables used for storing Physical and Logical Documents, the "main" data of the document is stored in the table SOFFCONT1:

The main issue you have is that you want to start from the tables SOFFPHF or SOFFCONT1, which are in fact are the end points, you should not access them directly. As I said, a "file" is wrapped into a physical document, which is itself wrapped into a logical document, and this logical document is attached to a SAPoffice document (which is linked to a "business object", an email, the Business WorkPlace or whatever). To use SO_DOCUMENT_READ_API1, you need the ID of the SAPoffice document. If for some reason you really don't mind, you may directly access the Physical Document using the DMS API (not talking about DMS BAPI) i.e. SDOK_PHIO_* function modules, with "SOFFPHIO" as the PHIO class.

If your goal is to migrate the data from the content repository SOFFDB to another one that you define in OAC0 (OpenText server) then you'd better check Content Repository Migration in mind ? | SAP Blogs and anything available in the Web already.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos