Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Master Data replication from S4 HANA to C4C-Issues

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have integration with SAP S4 HANA & employees are getting replicated from HCM to C4C. Now we have the situation where we will have to Go Live the C4C system standalone as other modules will take some more time. We have the following issues:-

1) If we golive and create the employee and their data in C4C only then when HCM will be golive the data will have inconsistency. Is it possible that we can restrict the users that already exist in C4C production will not flow from HCM ? Or

2) If we golive standalone then how to maintain the consistency of data between two systems?

Request you to help on this.

Regards,
Saurabh Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

seshukumarmv
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Saurabh,

You can handle the situation on two ways,

1) If you want to have C4C go-live standalone : You need to have employees for creating transactions, HCM is not going live with C4C. Data inconsistency is the problem you had mentioend, then what i can suggest is two ways

a)Pls use the employee Migration template in C4C for employee migration into C4C. Use the template with data collected from HCM and migrate to C4C. This can be also achieved by Data workbench by import function. Now that employee data has come to C4C you can work on your transactions . b) How do you download newly created employees into C4C along with Update of employee already in C4C, this can be achieved by import and update function in data workbench frequently, for frequent updates you can use template functionality also, this way data is consistent with HCM before it is integrated. c) HCM is ready for go-live, you can use the load or resend report from HCM to C4C via HCI , ID mapping to be taken care.

Regards,

seshu

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

I am confused with two situations below:-

1) How will data migration template going to help me in my scenario? Can you please explain? Because I will directly create employees in C4C and assign them roles and all in C4C.

1) Suppose I go-live standalone and later on HCM will be live and data will be pushed from HCM also. For e.g. Today I migrate the data of employee A, B & C. Then later on the same employee will be maintained in HCM. Then when the system will be live what will happen to that data coming from HCM? There will be contradiction between the data maintained in C4C and coming from HCM.

Request you to help on this.

Regards,
Saurabh Sharma