cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[C4C] Disable the possibility to set Opportunity in status "lost" without a product maintained

kevol1993
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

our users just found out, that it is possible for him to create an opportunity, which is initially being set in the status "open" and a Z-Phase called "Requirements analysis", and if the customer then sets the opportunity as "lost", it is possible for him to do so without a product maintained.

If he tries to do so but setting the opportunity as "won", an error message appears, saying to maintain a product at first.

I'd like to get this message as well when trying to set the opportunity as "lost".

Do you have an idea where this could be customized? Is it maybe even a UI- or Validation-rule?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MJVEERHUIS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I tried to reproduce the behaviour your are referring to. In the systems i use a can set an opportunity to Won or Lost without having a product added in both cases.

Although it is very kind of the other community member to add a link to help documentation, without any futher comments, it does not help us any futher as there is no answer. 

I did some futher research and it proofs it is currently (still) not possible from a standard functional point of view. There is a scoping question on the inclusion of products within an opportunity - which is step one. But how good it would be if there would be a second step (scoping question) that allows us to make adding products in opportunities mandatory.

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/298235 

As you can see an influence has been set up to ask SAP to make a change. Let us vote for this one!

In the meanwhile within the sales assistant you could add an activity (task) to a particular phase in your sales cycle - maybe the proposition or quote phase, where you push the end user to add products within the opportunity. They can still work around it, but it is a least something you could do.

Another additional suggestion to support the process of tracing the opportunities without items, is setting up report based on the data source Opportunity Header and Item and add in the View Characteristic Opportunity ID and in the Key Figures : Number of Opportunity Items. In the report you could als add an exception on the key figure filled and e.g. show in red if the number is 0.

Kr.

MJ