cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoint is not getting triggered when put in CRM_QB_SEND_MAIL BADI Implementation

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our requirement is to send mail in HTML. So, for that we tried to use BADI Implementation CRM_QB_SEND_MAIL. And we put a Break Point in the Execute method of CRM_QB_SEND_MAIL BADI Implementation also we assigned QB_SEND_MAIL method in Actions and defined condition for the same also. But when we save the Service Incident, break point is not getting triggered instead it shows error "action could not be successfully executed".

Can anybody help to resolve the issue ? We will be very much thankful, if anybody helps to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Seva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Armin,

Thanks a lot for your help and reply !!!

We followed the steps suggested by you, but still the Breakpoint is not getting triggered.

Our main requirement is to send each and every mail from SAP CRM WEBUI in HTML format instead of sending it as a PDF attachment.

Can you please suggest further ?

Thanks,

Seva.

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you using the SAP GUI Debugger or ABAP in Eclipse?

0 Kudos

Dear Armin,

Thanks for replying.

We are using SAP GUI Debugger.

Thanks,

Seva.

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I see. Usually the above mentioned reasons (code not reached at all, user does not match, non-external breakpoint used for ext. request) cover like 80% of all situations so it's worth to check them first. Further potential issues you can check can be found on this list. I think it was created by the ABAP developers community.

In case the list is not helpful and you want to create a customer incident then the right component would be BC-DWB-TOO-DBG.

Best regards,
Armin

PS: I guess you also already tried to use the ABAP statement 'break-point'.

0 Kudos

Dear Armin,

Thanks for the reply. Our main issue is, we want to send each and every mail in HTML format. For that we tried to achieve the result using Custom Smartform, SAP CRM mailform and also BADI Implementation. But we could not achieve the result.

In fact, in case of custom smartform (Assigned to SAP CRM WEBUI Service Incident) also, it is fetching data only after a minute or when the mail is send for the second time after making changes to the CRM WEBUI Service Incident, to which it is assigned.

Armin, do you have any idea for why the custom smartform is coming blank when send for the first time ? Or why it fetches data after 1 minute ? Can you suggest the best possible solution to how we can get data in custom smartform, when send for the very first time ? We have used structure in our smartform.

Thanks,

Seva.

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Seva,

sorry but I'm no expert for the topics you are interested in and I can't give you any advice on how to handle this issue. I also don't have personal contacts who are experts in these topics.

I'm involved in the development of the ABAP Debugger and therefore I tried to help regarding the "Breakpoint not triggered..." part of your issue.

Best regards,
Armin

0 Kudos

Dear Armin,

It is ok, if you are not able to help. But thanks a lot for your interest, kind cooperation and prompt reply !!!

In fact, as per the suggestion given by you, I raised an incident to sap for the same, with the component BC-DWB-TOO-DBG. Also provided step-by-step documentation to SAP for the same.

So, they will check & reply.

Once again thank you very much.

Thanks,

Siva.

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First thing would be to double check whether your execute method is actually called. For example you could write 'assert 1 = 2.' at the top of your execute method and repeat the triggering action. If there is a dump then the code is called, if not then your execute method is not called at all.

What debugger are you using - ABAP in Eclipse or SAP GUI? If it's SAP GUI you might also have to use external breakpoints. Additionally the user you are debugging for must match the user that runs the process to be debugged.

These are some of the most frequent reasons but there also can be others that are worth to be checked once the above mentioned are checked.

Best regards,
Armin