Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Restriction in Lead Creation

senthilmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a business role - Key Account Manager, he has access to Customer(Accounts and Prospects) and Sales(Lead,Opportunity,Sales Order,Territories) Workcenter for their Territory only.

Now If he creates a lead without existing customer option, he is not authorized to create lead, but when we use existing account in leads we don't have any issue.

How to enable the user to create lead without existing account?

Best Regards,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

palu
Employee
Employee

Hi Senthil,

From the screenshot, I can see that you have given restricted write access to Lead. When you give restricted access, user can create lead only for the territories or sales organization assigned to them. If you want the user to create lead for all territories, you need to give unrestricted access. Otherwise, you can choose 99 restriction rule, Where you can define the territories for which user can create Lead.

Regards,

Palani.

senthilmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Palani,

Thanks for your response.

I can understand, with the restricted access, the user can create lead for their own territory, here the system would determine the territory based on the account which we select, in my scenario, when I create a lead without existing account, I am not sure how system determines the lead belongs to other territory. Could you please clarify.

Thanks,

Senthil