Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting SAP FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I am starting SAP FI in a day or two and I am completely unknown to ERP thing, as a Finance graduate I have fair idea of Financial side but all this technology things are new to me. I am also doing it on self study basis please share your thoughts and experiences and help me in this certification,

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Qureshi,

SAP Configuration is a very competitive field. My best advice is for you not to focus on getting a job involving SAP configuration until after you have proven yourself as an end user of SAP and have all of your appropriate post-MBA certfiications (CPA or other appropriate for your field). You will find lots of blogs that can help you with this endevour at SAP Career Blog Links

In particular:

Advice for Recent College Graduates (aka "Freshers")

FAQ: What is the best SAP module for me?

How did you get your start in SAP?

FAQ: Different Career Paths in SAP

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

0 Kudos

i got encouraged to read your blog about sap career. But Still i am in confusion about SAP Certification exam. I am little scared about SAP FI Exam coz i don't want to take a risk so kindly guide me in this area. Second thing does sap provide server for practice.     

0 Kudos

SAP Certifications should not be scary if you're properly prepared. (How to Approach and Pass a SAP Certificationby Ravi Sankar Venna) SAP Certification is intended for folks who have already been working with the software for a few years prior to taking the classes. If you have the requisite experience, then the classwork will reinforce what you already know and then as long as you study a bit, you shouldn't have trouble passing the certification.

How do you get a job working with SAP software if you are not certified?

If you do NOT have the requisite experience and are planning to quit your job and invest a bunch of money into taking a 28 day class that promises certification in exchange for a bunch of money, then you shouldn't be scared, you should be terrified! (There are many horror stories from folks who quit their job because they were convinced they'd be able to get a high paying SAP job after certification only to find that they could not get hired for months and months if not years.

When you take an official class, SAP provides a server on which you can practice during the class. SAP also has some online classes you can take which give you access to a server for 5 months.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Dulaney,

Thanks alot for your advice and provided details I hope this can help me in getting my SAP certification done.

Regards,

Ammad.

0 Kudos

Ammad,

I'm happy you found my post helpful and wish you all the best on your quest!

Best regards,

--Tom