Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD or MM career ?

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have around 3 yrs exp in Sales including 1 yr in Purchase.

I am SAP SD certified. Currently i am working as SAP SD consultant on support project since from last 6 months. i have also opportunity to get knowledge of SAP MM over here. I need to change company after some months due to my personal reasons.

I am thinking to switch to SAP MM as future career, as there is saturation for SAP SD in the market. so currently there is less opportunity in the market for less than 3 yrs experience in SAP SD. whereas for SAP MM it is not that much saturated.

Please guide.

Sachin

6 REPLIES 6

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your experience in pricing in SD could be useful in MM (change V/08 by M/08, V/06 by M/06,..), output messages, and so on. You will improve your knowledge related with materials, how to link purchase orders with sales operations. You can go on working with LE (inbound deliveries, outbound deliveries from subcontracting or strock transfer orders...). Think that more knowledge will help you to understand how to works SAP (integration aspects).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eduardo.

if i acquire process & its configuration knowledge of SAP MM in current support project ( with SAP SD knowledge) along with integration aspects, which path should i keep in the future for better career growth & stability considering probable market opportunities? SAP SD or MM? 

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

It better to go through SD because  you are SAP SD certified this plus point will helpful in feature also SD is one of powerful module, and once you get perfection in SD then secondary thing will be MM.

Regards,

Ams

0 Kudos

It is not possible to give a concrete answer. Every module has its own opportunities.

As Logistics Consultant, you should not limit yourself for one module, try to learn both. They are definitely useful at broader perspective.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Yes..you are correct... you can learn SAP MM and you will have a good carieer profile in SAP MM in near future.

Regards

Shashanka

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Suggest by others you can Expand your Knowledge to other Modules so that you can handle a project as a whole.you can complete this process by becoming a SCM consultant which requires SD-MM-PP.

Shiva