Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap for fresher ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everyone,,

i have completed my b.tech in computer science(batch 2012) and now i am looking forward to go for SAP certification,,,am i eligible for all the modules or there are some specific modules for freshers??

being a computer science graduate which module will b best for me???

please help,,,,

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start with ABAP Module

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start with ABAP Module

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being a computer it is always good to start with ABAP, provided if you are good in programming.

BI, BOBJ and HANA is also not bad options either.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

thank u Ravi sir , i do appreciate that you replied,, good advice that's all i need right now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

If you are inclined towards coding then you can go for ABAP, if not programming then explore SAP Basis and SAP Security.

Thank you,

Nagarajan Viswanathan

0 Kudos

thank you very much Nagarajan sir,, your advice is really helpful to me,,,i think i should go for SAP BASIS,,thank u sir.

0 Kudos

You are welcome Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yogesh, since your background is Eng. its ideal you start up with ABAB, later you can explore with BI/HANA. Thanks

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suggest you start with SAP Basis, then, if you have oppertunity, you could learn SAP HANA which should be

the most important product for SAP in the near future.

Best Regards,

Yong Luo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh

I suggest you to start your SAP career from ABAP (since this is a faster way to start your SAP career in this industry )and then after you got some experiences you will konw one or several module(s) that you would like to become a solution consultant

Hope this will be helpful.

Kind Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh

Also, please refer to below discussion on SAP career.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3354382

Hope this will be helpful.

Kind Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Take sometime in attending demo for the modules that you have in mind as it will give you a little insight in terms of what and how they are then take your decision. A field/domain may be full of opportunities but you should like it then only you will perform well. I see many people take up a subject/field but don't do well because they simply don't enjoy it and they just keep doing their work and find stuck.

Thank you,

Nagarajan Viswanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have completed B.E(CSC). I suggest you like you may try SAP BASIS and SAP SECURITY.

I have knowledge in Networking and administration. One more thing there is so many ABAP consultant in Market and more competition at ABAP level.

Warm Regards,

Prabaharan B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Since you are an Computer Sc engineering graduate it will not be advisable for you to per-sue SAP modules like MM, SD,FICO,HR.

The best will be BASIS or ABAP . Now it depends on your priority and your skill which one to choose for example..

• If you are good in programming ( even though its easier to learn ABAP at any time) . You can go for ABAP . But there's a crowd out there so be careful.
  • If you love system administration ... ie..your fav subjects were database / Unix at any time 🙂 then go for BASIS. Basis as a career is more challenging.

Best of luck from my side in any case

Thanks ,

Siddique

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx everyone for all ur support and advices,,,, m really very thankful to all who replied,,,finally i hav decided to go for ABAP module,,, wish me luck ,,,

0 Kudos

Good decision yogesh.

All the best...