Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Note: The self-study portion of the digital skills initiative is coming to an end.

• Application texts can be submitted here until November 4, 2024.
  • Your learning must be completed by December 1, 2024, and a screenshot of completion together with your SAP Community username must be submitted to digitalskills@sap.com by this day at the latest.
  • We will process your request and send you your redemption code by December 20, 2024 at the latest.
  • You must redeem your code in the training shop by December 31, 2024, but can schedule your exam for any date in the following 12 months  (December 31, 2025 at the latest.)

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life
    • People who lack the financial means to afford a certification attempt for themselves

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  before 1 December 2024.

Here is a guide on how to determine if your learning journey is free of charge.

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

Here is a guide on how to approach networking within the SAP Community & Ecosystem

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

2,224 Comments
Linhngo
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

I'm Linh from Viet Nam, who am eager to take a free certification attempt. Because I believe it will help me reach my goals in the future career path easily. 

am really grateful for this opportunity and excited about the possibilities ahead.

Thanks & Regards,

Linh

fahidch556
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano Sir,

Thanks for providing opportunity to start career in SAP with great initiative. I am Chartered Accountancy student. I want to start my career in SAP. I have completed SAP learning in:

"Configuring SAP Business Network Supply Chain Collaboration" 

So, requesting you to consider my interest for this opportunity by considering below factors. 

• People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

Thank you!

Nguyen
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

My name is Nguyen and I come from Vietnam. Currently I have been working as a SAP SD Consultant for 2 years. However, my background is about Law because I graduated from university with a Bachelor of Laws - that is why I had to spend more time studying than others to become a consultant as this present.

I am still desirous of having a chance to study more modules, then take examinations to prove that SAP self-studying is always a consirable way. I also hope that my future achivement will be a motivation for all of my colleagues too.
Thank you so much for considering my application for the free certification attempts.

Thanks & Regards,
Nguyen.

jasmine_12
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 
This looks like a great initiative and I'd love to be a part of it, 

I Identify as a person in the below categories:

• A woman
  • I had completed course Practicing Clean Core Extensibility For SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Currently working in a environment that's using SAP and would love to learn and develop more my skill set further.

Thanks for your time,

khuend09
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am an accounting student from Vietnam. I highly interest to get the free certification attempts for SAP as i fulfil some requirement, such as:

- First generation to get higher education

- Rarely presented in the technology industry

- Have a sense of seeking "new knowledge" especially in SAP related as i already read some context about SAP Learning Journey and in the half of learning all the materials.

I am willing to learn and will be delightful to get those opportunity that doesn't come twice. Thank you. 

linh2002
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

I'm grateful for this opportunity.

I am looking forward to getting a free attempt for SAP exam.

Please send me a registration link to the initiative.

Thank you.

kimhienphan
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Hien from Viet Nam. I am a woman, a mom of 1 year-old baby.
I have just changed my career path from purchasing officer to pursue the dream job as SAP consultant.
So I am very happy to hear that SAP provided this such wonderful opportunities.
Being selected to join this would not only enable me upgrade my skills in SAP domain but also help me to contribute to SAP related industry in Viet Nam.

Thank you for considering my application, and waiting for your feedback.

Regards,

Phan Thi Kim Hien

MaiHuong
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I am really appreciate for this opportunity!

As a girl had just graduated from IT major, I always desire to improve myself in the new fields. I am extremely into working as a developer, but the things is I am so fresh for every jobs and that is a huge challenge for me to update and prepare myself the educational background. 

First step I have done is upgrade my language skill, so I assume this chance would be the great way for me to reach and begin a new position about SAP solution. From VietNam, the cost for the cert is quite high so that we can hardly afford.

For me, after studying from some online books, it seems to be I nearly catch my new career. It would be great if I am now able to gain more degree to increase my job opportunities.

Thanks in advance!

BRs,

Huong

phamvantho
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am a SAP MM,SD Consultant from Viet nam. I've been working in SAP MM for 16 Months now. I identified as a person for this certification because I am a programer who liked love and hope to go so far with SAP but my family is not have enough money to invest the SAP certificate,
I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. It's amazing to see how technology can make such a big difference. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Thanks & Regards,

ThoPV

mimranryan
Explorer

@David_Chaviano 

My name is Mohammed,

I am from very remote and dry part of India, (Rajasthan) where there are no universities and college. This opportunity will help me in shaping my career. I am from accounting and finance background with a batchlores degree. I identify myself as:

Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 

Please enroll me in the Digital skill initative.

Regards

Mohammed

lequocviet
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Viet and I'm from Vietnam. After being graduated in Logistics industry, I found my interest in SAP topic and change to work in this area. I have been working as a SAP SD consultant for more than 2 years and I have plan for learning for other module knowledge as well.

I am currently not able to afford SAP certifications as my family live in remote area and I have to support my sister studying free as well.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to participate in this program and I am excited to get started. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Viet.

Taismile
Newcomer

hello David,

I am new to SAP BTP and want to learn and get certificate about SAP BTP, especially on ABAP on Cloud.

Because do not have BTP certificate then the company paid  low salary. So, i will very happy and thankful if  have a change to get free certificate.

regard,

Tai

lavvanyab
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify as a person in the below categories:

• Female

I want to accelerate my career with SAP Digital Skills.So kindly consider me for providing free certification attempt.

Thank you!

nguyen35
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am a single mother, I divorced 1 year ago and with the desire to increase my income to improve my life, I am very happy to see this announcement.

Thank you very much for this opportunity.

Yennkn
Newcomer

Hello David,

I'm an SD consultant. I've joined my current company for 2 years. I can foresee that having knowledge about EWM is a big advantage for coming S4Hana projects. I'm currently reading EWM books and practicing EWM processes in the system. I would like to take this chance as a motivation for my journey to achieve EWM certificate.

Thank you so much!

Imrayan
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am 30 year old, resides in very remote part of India where we don't have much resources in terms of education and developments. So far I am learning SAP from Open sap and SAP learning Hub discovery addition. My stream is accounting and finance and want to make career in SAP FICO module. I  identify myself as people in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.

Please provide me an opportunity  to enroll in SAP Digital skill imitative to earn a certificate

Thank you. 

Imran

trantrongbao
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano
I am writing to express my strong interest in participating in the SAP certification examination. With a profound enthusiasm for enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and a deep understanding of their significance in the contemporary business landscape, I am keen to acquire the SAP certification to enhance my skills and contribute meaningfully to the field.

I firmly believe that obtaining the SAP certification will empower me to make significant contributions to any organization I am a part of. I am confident in my ability to leverage this certification to drive process improvements, optimize operations, and deliver value to clients or stakeholders.

Thanks & Regards,

Bao

vbtraan
Newcomer

Hello David,

I'm Tran from Vietnam. I have just graduated in management information system last year and start working as a SAP Consultant. I found that SAP helps a lot for businesses and persons who work in this industry like me. It has so many knowledge to learn and explore everyday. I am so excited about SAP Learning digital skills initiative and willing to upscale my learning through this one.

Thanks and regards,
Tran.

GHITA_CHBIHI
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I'm a woman from Morocco, and I am very enthusiastic about participating in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning. I'm eager to embark on this journey to enhance my knowledge and skills within the SAP ecosystem and ultimately achieve my first certification. Please send me the registration link for the initiative so that I can get started.

NguyenNguyen
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I am Nguyen Tuan Nguyen from Vietnam. I am a student, and just graduated from university. Currently, I am joining a course for SAP Learning. I think it will give me a better chance to develop more in the future. I mainly learned about Sourcing and Procurement and now I want to learn more about SAP S/4HANA.

I humbly ask for your support and approval of my application. My objectives would be fulfilled if I were chosen to participate in this effort, and I would also be able to make a substantial contribution to the SAP industry.

I appreciate you taking a look at my application, and I'm looking forward to the chance to take part in this once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Best regards

Nguyen

PNGUYEN110
Newcomer

Hi David Chaviano,

I'm a woman working on SAP FICO field and I would like to learn more in this field. I really appreciate amazing opportunity from you.

Many thanks for your consideration and hope to see your reply soon.

Regards,

Nguyen

QuyTran
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano,

I’m currently a professional working in the role of maintenance and support for SAP system for more than a year. Before switching to SAP, I was looking to start a career in trade marketing right after graduation from college. However, due to COVID-19 and economic downturn, I could not fulfill this plan. While looking for another job, I came across a job opportunity as a junior SAP consultant and felt in love with this job ever since.

So far, my training is informal and mostly on the job training only. Coming from a low-income family, I have limited resources and could not afford to take a formal training and certification from SAP. I strongly believe a SAP certification will help me advance further in my career. Especially when it involves my great desire to move from support to SAP implementation consultant.

Thank you for your time and looking for your consideration!

Best regard,   

Quy Tran.          

Nguyenquocdinh
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Nguyen Quoc Dinh from Viet Nam

I have been working as a Sap Consultant for 3 years. But I am not confident with my work. So now I want to improve my knowledge by taking the certification and get a good job opportunity. Can i have a chance to improve Sap skills. Please rep me

Nguyenquocdinh
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am 24 and hold a bachelor's degree in Business Management. I have been working as a Consultant for more than 2 years. I am willing to learn more about SAP, as it will help me get job opportunities and establish a career. 

I fall into categories: 

Thanks for reading my comment. Have a nice day!

Sofoklis
Discoverer

Hi,

I have completed a learning journey and I am attaching the proof.
Please send me a redemption code for SAP certification attempt.

Regards,
Sofoklis

Screenshot 2023-10-04 202153.png
ttuyen0605
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano

I'm eager to receive a complimentary SAP voucher. Obtaining a free SAP certification voucher would tremendously benefit my career growth. SAP is an industry-leading software, and this certification would validate my expertise, opening up new opportunities for me. It would also allow me to contribute more effectively to my organization, optimizing its SAP systems and processes. Please consider my request for this valuable opportunity to upskill and advance in my professional journey. Your support in obtaining the SAP voucher would be greatly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,

Thanh Tuyen Luong Thi

baong1707
Explorer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

I hope this comment finds you well. My name is Bảo, and I've been immersed in the SAPUI5 domain for over two years.

Having served as a Frontend Developer for an extended period, I've gained valuable experience not only in SAP Gateway service but also in ABAP.

My motivation for reaching out to you is to enhance my expertise in the SAP domain. I am eager to expand my knowledge base, and, most importantly, I aspire to unlock new career opportunities. The thought of remaining stagnant in my current position day after day is something I'm determined to avoid. I yearn to propel my career as far as it can go, and obtaining a SAP certification would be a pivotal step toward achieving that goal.

I genuinely appreciate your thoughtful initiative, and I'm eagerly anticipating your response.

Warm regards,
Bảo

VanPT
Discoverer

Hello David,

Nice days. I have worked as SAP consultant since 2016.

I want to improve my skill by get the SAP certification.

I'm a woman who looking for an opportunity soon from bottom of my heart.

thuong94
Newcomer

Dear David,

I hope you will find this comment of mine. I have been working as an SAP consultant since 2016 as an SD and MM consultant. In working process, I always want to learn more knowledge about SAP. When I learned about the free SAP certification voucher program, I really wanted to be a woman among them.
Thank you for creating this useful program.

Thanks and Regards,

Thuong Nguyen

tramtram0101
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

Hope you are doing well.
First of all, I thank you very much for giving everyone the opportunity to take a free certification exam.

As a girl who just graduated with an IT major in Vietnam, I always want to learn more in the SAP field.
During my internship at the company, I really liked the SAP consulting and implementation work I was pursuing. Thanks to SAP, the company I work for is growing with high performance. That makes me want to continue learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

I am committed to learning more about SAP courses and willing to invest time to prepare for SAP Certification. Your support in providing free certification will be greatly appreciated.

Hoping you consider carefully.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Invites sent out for 05 October 2023!

tuyetnhi99
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I've completed the learning journey of Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA. I've already registered with my email: tuyetnhica99@gmail.com.
Please let me know how to proceed the next steps to receive the free certificate attempt.
Thank you very much.

tuyetnhica99@gmail.com.png
Best regards
Tuyet Nhi
TrungNguyen
Discoverer

Dear David,

I am Trung, a junior consultant in Finance Modules. This opportunity to get certificates would be very helpful for my career in SAP

I hope that I can get this free attend to achieve new milestone.

Thanks for your contribution to this community.

Best regards,

Trung Nguyen

NhiNguyen297
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Nhi 

I want to upskill myself in SAP technology and get a job opportunity soon.

linhquang_hua
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano

Have a nice day.

I am Quang. I come from Vietnam. Currently, I have 2 years of experience working in the SAP environment. Glad to see the opportunity to continue learning and growing.

Thanks.

Best regards.

tuyetnhisap
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

My name’s Nhi, I'm interested in SAP FICO course. Currently, I want to get the certification exam, I would be grateful if you can give me the opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge, it can help me a lot in my career path. Hoping you consider carefully.

My contact: tuyetnhicasap@gmail.com - ID: P2007459992

Thanks & Regards, 

tamtm
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Greetings for the day!
My name is Tam. I'm from Vietnam. My career path with SAP started 9 years ago as an Authorization & Security consultant, and now as an SD consultant. I have seen SAP technology innovates very rapidly to serve the diversity of today's business requirements. I find myself in the flow of that shift and am very eager to learn and absorb new SAP knowledge.
Currently I am living in remote or underserved locations that may not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts. By chance I learned about the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning through my teacher and I immediately knew that this was a great opportunity for me to expand my knowledge and get it certified.
I want to send my sincere thanks to you and your colleagues who have worked hard to implement this meaningful program as well as spread it to more people to build a strong SAP community.
Cordially greet and to win.

Best regards,
Tam

Labros
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Thanks SAP for the nice initiative! I hope that for many people this move will be a life changer! I am 46 years old guy, living in a remote village in Western Greece with internet access through tethering from my mobile, so I personally identify as a person in the below categories:

• Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location

I am working remotely in a startup company and I am planning to start my SAP learning journey Project Manage SAP S/4 Hana Implementation. Wish me good luck! I hope all the best for everyone! 

Regards, 

HuyenNguyen307
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

I am Huyen from Viet Nam

I want to upskill myself in SAP ABAP technology and get a job opportunity soon. I fall in the category of women.

Regards,

Huyen

bichdaothi
Discoverer

Hi David,

I am a girl from Asia, and in the place where I work, SAP is not entirely common. However, I was fortunate to know and approach SAP.

My desire to achieve the "C_IBP_2305 - SAP Certified Application Associate" certification is a powerful motivator. It is not just a goal but a dream that I am building step by step. This certification represents expertise and in-depth knowledge of the SAP system, and I want to master it.

This desire propels me to learn, research, and strive to the best of my ability. I believe the knowledge and skills I gain will be a valuable asset, opening doors to various career opportunities. More importantly, it signifies my commitment to professional development and a long-term career.

Every day, I set specific goals and work tirelessly to get closer to this dream. This desire is an unwavering source of motivation, and I will continuously strive to turn it into reality.

Phương_Hằng
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

First of all, Thank you for giving everyone this opportunity.

I'm Hang. I come from Viet Nam. I have 1.5 years works as a SAP SD functional consultant and i hope to be become a senior consultant in future. I am very happy to have opportunity to take a free certification exam. I believe i will pass this exam and this certification help me in my career path

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Hằng

AmyeNguyen
Newcomer

Hello David,

I identify myself as woman who looking to switch their careers mid-life, as a experienced tester i worked with many business process and also have a passion with coding, so SAP is great opportunity for me to switch careers path into a way that include both business experience and coding.

So hope to heard good news from you for a free coupon that will help to get certification and switch my careers path.

Thanks and best regards.

Tram

Lam_Nguyen
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

First of all, thank you so much for this great opportunity!

My name is Lam Nguyen and I come from Vietnam. My dream is to become a certified SAP SuccessFactors consultant and I have been constantly looking for and learning from SAP materials. I have graduated with a degree in Management Information System and I want to pursue a career in HR in the technology field. I have never imagined that I would pursue this path until I attended a SAP event that inspired me. It was challenging for me to start from the basics because I have never had the opportunity to interact with SAP SuccessFactors when I was in school. But I was motivated by my passion and dream to find a job as an SAP end user and keep learning, so that I can work as an SAP consultant someday.

I have already completed the SAP learning journey - Exploring SAP SuccessFactors Solutions and I am currently taking the Exploring the SAP SuccessFactors Performance and Goals course.

I would love to join the digital skills initiative, as it will help me get closer to my dream of becoming an certified SAP SuccessFactors consultant. Please accept my application for the free SAP certification. Thank you!

Regards,

Lam Nguyen.

QuyTran
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

I have completed my first learning journey and ready to take my certification! Could you support me to proceed to the next step to get the free certification attempt.

Thank you very much for your support!
2023-10-06_10h43_27.png

nghiathan1992
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I am Nghia Than from Viet Nam

I want to upskill myself in SAP technology and get a job opportunity soon (S/4 HANA, CPI,...)

I am still desirous of having a chance to study more modules, then take examinations to prove that SAP self-studying is always a consirable way. I also hope that my future achivement will be a motivation for all of my colleagues too.
Thank you so much for considering my application for the free certification attempts.

Thanks and best regards,

Nghia Than

ThanhQuy
Newcomer

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I am excited about the SAP Learning digital skills initiative. I have been waiting since an year now to have ample amount so as to do the certification in S4 HANA SD. If selected, I will definitely encourage more women my peers from Viet Nam to go for this great initiative and do their bit to help you people in this kind great initiative of providing free certification.

Thank you so much!

oanhdinh
Newcomer

Hello David.

I'm a new MM Functional Consultant, so this chance is big opportunity for me to get the certification that will help to promotion in my career path.

Please help consider for my case for the free coupon,

Thanks and best regards.

Oanh

ngata
Newcomer

Hi David

I identify myself as 'People looking to switch their careers mid-life', i want to change my career path as a Consultant, and for that i need to learning more and more. With this free coupon, i can also take the certification that will help me in the future.

Hope that i will get the good news from you.

Thanks and best regards.

Nga.

quynhtram
Newcomer

Hello David,

I'm Tram, a new functional consultant in SD module, as a new functional, many things need to learn so with the free coupon, i can get the certification that will have a lot in careers path.

Please support to consider for my case with free coupon, hope to see the feedback from your side.

Thanks and best regards.

Tram

UtkarshBhashkar
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I am writing to you regarding the Digital skills initiative program.

I identify myself as a ‘People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts’ and I understand that this program is initiated to support my community. I have completed my learning journey in  ‘Learning the Basics of SAP Fiori’ and would like to take the free certification attempt for – ‘SAP Certified Application Associate - Extended Warehouse Management with SAP S/4HANA’.