Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Developer News, February 1st, 2024

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Podcast Version: SAP Developer News February 1st, 2024 – SAP Developers (opensap.info)

DESCRIPTION 

Code Connect 2024 event (SAP CodeJam on CAP plus reCAP, UI5con and ABAPConf Europe conferences) 

'Did You Know' shorts Nr. 10 – Interacting with SAP BTP using the hana-cli tool 

SAP BTP Talk Podcast Ep 103 

SAP Analytics Cloud Custom Widget – New free learning journey 

Advanced Event Mesh adapter and SAP CodeJam 

What’s New in SAP Datasphere in Q4-2023 

SAP BTP Innobytes Jan 2024   

================================================================

CHAPTER TITLES 

0:00 Intro 
0:10 Code Connect 2024 event 
1:36 'Did You Know' shorts Nr. 10 – Interacting with SAP BTP using the hana-cli tool 
2:22 SAP BTP Talk Podcast Ep 103: Exploring SAP BTP, ABAP environment    
3:21 SAP Analytics Cloud Custom Widget – New free learning journey 
4:01 Advanced Event Mesh adapter and SAP CodeJam 
5:02 What’s New in SAP Datasphere in Q4-2023 
5:53 SAP BTP Innobytes Jan 2024  

==================================================================

TRANSCRIPT

DJ: Have you heard of Code Connect? Well, now you have. Imagine the ideal LearnFest where you can also
network with and get to know your peers, exchange ideas and generally nerd out to key SAP development
topics. Co-Connect is a four-day long series of single-day events starting on Monday the 3rd of June with an
SAP Code Jam on CAP, followed on the Tuesday by ReCap, the conference on CAP, followed then on
Wednesday by the conference on UI5, that's UI5Con, and then wrapping things up, The conference on
ABAP on Thursday, that's ABAPConf Europe. The venue is Rote 3, one of the buildings in the SAP campus
in St Leon Rote in Germany. It's the first full week of June and most importantly right now there are calls for
speakers for the CAP, UI5 and ABAP components of this event. So, head on over to the website,
codeconnect.dev, and from there into the individual conference websites. Get your session proposals
submitted because the applications are closing at various times in February, so don't delay. And we'll see
you there.

DYK: Did you know that the hana-cli isn't just for HANA database development, but also has functionality to
help with interacting with SAP BTP? For instance, I can quickly navigate through my folders and
subaccounts in those folders. And I can view my BTP subscriptions as well, even launching directly into the
Business Applications Studio from the subscription that I'm currently targeting.

Rich: Hey folks, Rich Heilman here. Hope everyone is staying safe, staying warm, and staying eager to learn
in 2024. So this week, I just want to let you know about a recent podcast that has been released as part of
the SAP BTP Talk podcast. This episode 103 is called Exploring SAP BTP ABAP Environment. In this
episode, Niklas Siemer talks with Frank Jentsch about SAP BTP ABAP environment. What it is, what are the
common use case scenarios, the future outlook on its evolution, and much, much more. So wherever you
listen to your podcasts, on the plane, in the gym, out on your run course, or whatever, and you want to catch
up on what SAP BTP ABAP environment is all about, Then make sure to check out this podcast episode with
Niklas and Frank today.

Witalij: The functionality of SAP Analytics Cloud Custom Widget has been recently extended with the feature
to host the widget right inside SAP Analytics Cloud and to use a data model as a data source without a
significant effort. The new free learning journey creating custom widgets for SAP Analytics Cloud stories
contains an end-to-end scenario to explain this functionality covering its core features. This four-hour course
will help you to learn all the major steps like identification of a suitable chat library, creation of a configuration
file, creation of a web component as a JavaScript file, and deployment of a widget to SAP Analytics Cloud
tenant. Happy learning!

Antonio: Hola, SAP developers! There is a new adapter available in SAP Cloud Integration. This is the
Advanced Event Mesh Adapter. The adapter enables you to easily connect to SAP Integration Suite
Advanced Event Mesh. There is a sender and a receiver adapter, and the adapters use the Solus message
format message protocol. Check out the link that I'm including in the video description to learn about all the
features available in the sender and receiver adapters. Now, talking about Advanced Event Mesh. I've
started working on a new SAP CodeJam, which will focus on Advanced Event Mesh. In this SAP CodeJam,
we will look at how we can use advanced event mesh to enable event-driven architectures and scenarios
across multiple systems and services in a landscape. The content is not ready yet, but it should be by the
end of March. You can follow my progress via the GitHub repository. The link is included in the description
below.

Witalij: If you want to get the latest about major SAP Datasphere features delivered in Q4 2023, then please
watch the recording of what's new session presented by the product management. Besides general product
updates, the session covers updates in data management and data integration, in data modeling, catalog,
and consumption, and in administration and SAP VW bridge. For details on some major updates, check the
corresponding blog posts. Analytical and relational OData APIs provide harmonized, semantically-rich
access to SAP data, hierarchy with directory to integrate smoothly with SAP S/4HANA and SAP BW
hierarchies, and Kafka integration with replication flows to enable real-time data to value scenarios with SAP
data.

DJ: The latest SAP BTP InnoBytes episode is out now. For those of you who don't know what these are,
where have you been, first of all? But anyway, they're quick bite-sized video and blog post combinations,
covering two or three innovations on SAP BTP each time. This new January 2024 edition covers
authorization management on SAP Cloud Identity Services, edge integration cell on SAP Integration Suite,
and the generative AI hub on SAP AI Core. Check it out. The link, as always, is in the description.
0 REPLIES 0