Additional Blogs by Members
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimSpath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thu | jim.spath/blog/2010/10/09/the-spork-in-germany-landing-zone | Sat | Sun | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu

AM Wake Up Call

Session 8:30 (A)

I stopped in Timo Stelzer's session at 8:30 first, as it was one of two I had on my agenda then.  Since I'd gotten an invite to speak with him in practically a one-on-one talk, I moved on to the next session, conflicting, at 8:30.

See image 4

Session 8:30 (B)

Irene Hopf of IBM presented ALM233 on "Breaking the Borders: Easy IT Management for SAP Administrators"; I know her and have seen presentations before.  The basic stuff (to us anyway) is not as interesting as the newer or more complex stuff, like active memory expansion.  The idea of compressing memory makes sense to a point, but whether it will add the value claimed remains to be seen.

Notes from the session

• 994025 - Virtualized OS environments in the operating system monitor
  • 1379855 - Installation of saposcol and sapccmsr on IBM VIOS 
  • 1464605 - POWER7 Active Memory Expansion (AME)

See image 5

Session 11:00

Blogger In-Memory Meeting with Jacob Klein and Ingo Breckmann

Most of this discusssion was under NDA.  Here are links to tweets that slipped through the cracks.

I feel safe reporting this quote: "benchmark information will be released shortly"

No photos

Photos between time at the blogger table: images 6, 7, 8.  Note the international power conversion coalition.

Session 12:30

I stopped in to see Roland Wertenberg, now working at Citrix.  He demoed Citrix remote desktop access via an iPad of an SAP GUI.

Image 9

Session 1:00

Meet The SCN Moderators

See photos  10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15

Session 1:30

Somewhat overrriden by the 1PM Meet the Moderators.

Session 2:00

Timo Stelzer, again.

See photo 16.

Session 3:00

I dawdled around instead of going to a full 2 hour lecture on  "Near-Zero Downtime Software Maintenance".  Probably a good thing, as I had a 3PM session with Timo Stelzer, James Goverrnor, Tom Raftery and Marilyn Pratt.

Photos  18 + 19.

More photos and more photos

image 1 - taxi stand from the night before (Dick Hirsch and I took the S-Bahn/bus)

image  2 - Berlin dawn image  3 breakfast spork image  4 image  5 image   6image  7 image   8 image 9 image  10 image  11 image  12 image  13  image  14 image  15 image  16  image  17 image  18 image 19

More videos

Blogger table

Julius Bussche at Meet the Moderators

James Governor and Timo Stelzer

Business cards

• Jacob Klein
  • Ingo Breckmann