cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI testing for two SAP R/3 systems with same system id/logical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are currently in the process of upgrading our R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0 and plan to maintain dual landscape for DEV & QA (4.7 & ECC 6.0) for a period for testing and maintaining existing applications for fixes etc. The second DEV & QA (upgraded to ECC 6.0) are copy of respective systems and these systems are created automatically under technical systems in SLD by auto update (RZ70).

The question is, can we use the same XI system for testing inbound/outbound interfaces for both the systems i.e 4.7 & ECC 6.0 at the same time. I am aware of the fact that XI Technical/Business sytems dependent on unique logical systems, so we cannot create new business system for the upgraded DEV-II ECC 6.0 system.

For your information, we have two slds (one for XID/XIQ and second one for XIP).

What are the options without disturbing & maintaining the current XI system set up?

1) Can we change current Business systems e.g DEV010 to use new technical system i.e DEV-II ECC 6.0 for testing for a period and switch it back to DEV-I 4.7 technical system?

2) or change logitical system name of DEV-II ECC 6.0 and create new business sytem in SLD without interfering the existing setup and modify/create interfaces to use this new business system?

3) Do we need to refresh cache from time to time in XI ?

4) Any other implications

We will be upgrading XI to PI 7.1 after ECC 6. 0 Upgrade.

Any views on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option 2 is good to go with and is possible. Create new Technical and Business systems and create new configuration scnearios in the Directory.

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Better to create the new technical and business systems for the ECC6.0.

> We will be upgrading XI to PI 7.1 after ECC 6. 0 Upgrade.

Check this links

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40328fc8-4844-2b10-b7a2-8930c16df...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40a0868a-9d40-2b10-8cb4-8e0c53b5...

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Technical System was created in the SLD automatically after RZ70 configuration in the new DEV-II system. We then modified Business System to use the new Technical system and carried out following steps:

1) Original Idoc metadata was deleted from XID

2) The port definition was deleted

3) A new port definition was created for new system

4) The metadata for each idoc type used was re-created in IDX2 , using METADATA -> CREATE

5) This brought in all known versions of the idoc segments, including the 7.1 version.

I have already checked the guides suggested for our upgrade and we are thinking of going ahead with fresh installation and migrating the interfaces.

Regards

Chandu