cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 7.0 Visual Admin issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install XI 7.0 (NW 2004s). The installation was error-free. However, while doing post installation steps, Visual Admin threw a 'Session expired' error. Since then, I am unable to login to Visual Admin using J2EE_ADMIN (throws "Authentication did not succeed" error). I have activated SAP* user using configtool, and unlocked J2EE_ADMIN. I have also changed J2EE_ADMIN password several times using SAP GUI.

But still, the error persists.

Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

Thanks in advance

Partha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

If you have an ABAP UME persistent storage there is no need to activate SAP* user in order to unlock the J2EE_ADMIN. Did you deactivate the SAP* after unlocking and changing the password of J2EE_ADMIN? Did you restart the instance?

Best Regards

Vyara

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Try opening Visual Admin if your not able to login with username(administrator) and password. Problem with NWD2004s do the following steps.

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\configtool->configtool.bat->open it

1. Click on Secure store

2. Right you will find :

admin/password/J2E->retype your admin passowrd which you gave during installation=>SAVE properly

Restart the server and try login visual admin

Now ur able to login visual admin right follow the steps:

Try here If ur not able to login http://<server name>/irj/portal :home page using (username)administrator and password

do the following steps(user locked).

(**Administrator locked so we have enable superadmin and unlock the administrator and again diasble the super admin

then only can able to login using administrator**)

=>Activating emergency(super admin) user:-

1. Start configtool

2. set the following properties: [Instance_ID<ID> -> Server_ID<ID> -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service]

a. ume.superadmin.activated - true

=>i doubht here did u saved properly

b. ume.superadmin.password - <password> [set the password->click set button->

it will again ask by open popup window type the same and it will say restart to reflects]

3. Restart Java Application server

Unlocking administrator:

Login to Portal Page => http://<severname>/irj/portal

Give username:SAP* and password which u typed

=>under user management tab ->click on search user left pane -> search label followed by input field will be there ->give * in inputfield and click search button->

you can we view ALL users and roles etc.

select user administration by clicking on check box ->modify->reset the password->save properly

Again diable super admin go to

1. Start configtool

2. set the following properties: [Instance_ID<ID> -> Server_ID<ID> -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service]

a. ume.superadmin.activated - false->save it will ask u restart is must for reflect the settings

3. Restart Java Application server

Go to http://<severname>/irj/portal

Give username:aministrator and password which u typed

hopefully i should solve ur problem

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Thanks for the reply.

The point is using SAP GUI, J2EE_ADMIN is not shown locked. It is locked only in the J2EE side. Here are the details that I have tried:

1) I activate SAP* using config tool. Restart instance.

2) Log in to Visual Admin using SAP*. Unlock J2EE_ADMIN. This works. However, if I try to change the password, it is not allowed (some exception like 'UME/ABAP connectors is set to read-only').

3) I try creating new admin users. Not allowed. Same exception.

4) I deactivate SAP* using config tool. Restart.

5) Try logging with J2EE_ADMIN. Get 'User not authenticated' error. If I repeat this process, I find that J2EE_ADMIN is now locked.

However, J2EE_ADMIN is not locked in the ABAP stack. There I can log in anytime (except, when SAP* is active).

Suresh, I have been trying out your solution mentioned in another forum thread, to no avail.

I also created another admin user by copying J2EE_ADMIN in SAP GUI. But, that user does not get reflected in J2EE instance, neither am I able to create any new user there.

I entered J2EE_ADMIN password in Secure store of config tool too. No difference.

Thanks and regards

Partha