cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the Busines Process Repository go missing in 7.2?

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Felllow Members,

Have any of you come across any alternative for Business Process Repository in 7.2? In 7.1 SOLAR environment there was this exhaustive list of Business Processes (

https://implementationcontent.sap.com/bpr ) that we can import into SOLAR projects to start with business process structure which is later modified to suit customer needs. As of 7.2 SP03, apart from few S/4Hana BPs I do not find anything relevant for almost all other SAP products. I have a use case,

1. Customer wants to implement SAP SRM & CRM and wants to use SOLADM/SOLDOC for building up the structures by importing the Best Practice content provided by SAP from the BPR list. How to do that? Shall we advise the customers to manually create the business process structures one by one?

2. Customer wants to implement EHP8 for ERP 6.0 , greenfield scenario. We advise to use Process Management in 7.2 SP03. When we go to SOLADM/SOLDOC there is no baseline business process structure that can be imported. Does this mean, SOLADM/SOLDOC or 7.2 in general is not supported for Process Management of SAP products other than S/4Hana?

Is there any guidelines available by SAP on availability or usability of Business Process Repository for products other than S/4Hana ?

Thanks,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom an Vivek,

currently Best Practice Colleagues are busy to do just what Tom proposed at SAP side. This means that 7.1 BPR content is imported in projects in a 7.1 system and this system is then upgraded to 7.2. Then the content is activated into 7.2 solutions and exported as Best Practice Content. The results will be published as SAP note.

Kind Regards
Andreas

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas for the reply.

Great help, as usual.

Thanks,

Vivek

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor

Hi Andreas,

I came across this new Best Practice explorer today, https://rapid.sap.com/bp. I am just curious to know, do you have any plans of offering .JSON files with process structure with every Best Practice solution packages? I personally think this would be very ideal solution.

@Tom: What is your thoughts on this? How does a .JSON file with every Solution Package that can be uploaded to solman72 Process Management? Wouldn't this be a nice concept ! 🙂

Regards,

Vivek

former_member190969
Active Contributor

Hi Vivek
Yes, Best Practices come now also with SolDoc content that can be imported as JSON on the Best Practices Tab of SOLADM.
Kind Regards
Andreas

TomCenens
Active Contributor

Hi Vivek

Sorry, didn't get notification, only notifications on comments apparently on new SCN and not on replies so I missed the conversation basically 🙂

Kr

Tom

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I see 🙂 We were discussing about the new BP explorer and finding out it's relevance to good old days BPR and how it makes sense to SOLADM in 7.2

Now the BPR is no where in sight as of now 7.2 SP03, what I added in my wishlist is this new BP explorer (

https://rapid.sap.com/bp/). There are tons of Solution Packages available in this BP explorer. So I am wishing that with each Solution Package (for example,

SAP ERP Foundation rapid-deployment solution, which has around 10-12 Basic Processes like O2C, P2P..etc) there must be a .JSON file available which can be downloaded and uploaded on to SOLADM txn. This makes very much sense to me. However I browsed through quite a lot Solution Packages and there is not even a single .JSON file in sight. Do you have any leads over this? If this ever going to be a reality ? 🙂

If not, I am seriously considering importing entire existing BPR onto a 7.1 Sandbox system and perform upgrade & content activation so that I have the entire BPR in 7.2 compatible format.

Your thoughts please.

Regards,

Vivek

TomCenens
Active Contributor

Hi Vivek

I would love to see SAP provide the ability to leverage best practice content in such a way. The more open it is and the more easy it is for us to pull it into SAP Solution Manager, the more valuable SAP Solution Manager can become for customers to utilize. Totally makes sense that SAP would put in the effort to make this happen.

I'm not so fond of having TREX as a prerequisite on AnyDB for using Process Diagrams (Power Designer) in SAP Solution manager 7.2 SP3. It's a pity that it's really a prerequisite that cannot be ignored. Customers sometimes already see SAP Solution Manager as something "they have to have", often they also don't know where the value lies, what you can do with SAP Solution Manager etc so most often they are biased up front. Telling them they also need a TREX installation doesn't really help. Even if it's a small installation, it doesn't take a lot of time, space & resource utilization.

Best regards

Tom

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

heiko_hecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Quick update if still relevant:
OSS Note 2418929 describes how to import RDS Packages from the BPR. IBIS developed the RBPD content for SolMan 7.1 and they also integrate the BPR into SolMan 7.2 via the new json interface.

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

In one of SAP's reference documents (Planned Innovation though!), it was mentioned that SAP BPR will be replaced with RDS. Does this still hold good? If this is true indeed, will the RDS Content be chargeable? I do hope not:)

Cheers

Anu

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RDS and Best Practice is just the same, just another name. See my Answer above. I think this will be for free, as it was free before.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Good question and I'm interested to see the response from SAP but I haven't seen anything either except for S/4 HANA. If no answer comes, I could also check with relevant team(s) if you want but I'll wait and see a little bit first then.

Surely SAP doesn't want customers to start on ERP EHP8 (non S/4 HANA) anymore so I would expect that SAP doesn't make any effort to still build this content up.

One (rather crazy when I think about it but still an option) possibility is to set it up a SolMan 7.1 system, load in the content and migrate the system to SolMan 7.2. The question is, does that make sense in the end, is it worth all the effort? If it's a greenfield implementation, whoever implements it from a functional point of view has to describe the processes in detail so they could then also build up the content during the project.

Best regards

Tom

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor

Hi Tom,

Interesting perspective !

This has been a mixed bag approach from SAP. It is correct to assume that, new, greenfield implementation of ERP is a rare occurring, hardly anymore, I would say. However it comes as surprise that entire BPR concept became thing of the past as of SP03, since this was available right from 7.0 and also BPR was so exhaustive and well crafted.

Since SAP has already spent so much of time and effort in building that exhaustive BPR over these years, I would hope, it would be available for consumption is some new format in coming days.

Regards,

Vivek