cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to lock user of a BC who left our firm, but this user has scheduled many tasks (db13, sm36, solution_manager, etc...)

How can I find all dependencies for this user and be sure that when i'll lock it, no problem will appears ?

Thank in advance,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I recently went through this with a client and we identified all tasks assigned to a specific user using transaction SM37 (searching for a specific User Name). There were some jobs that had individual steps assigned to the same user account so we just listed out the scheduled and released tasks and went through them one by one opening up the steps to see which accounts were assigned. Finally, we locked the user (globally) and started looking through any jobs that failed.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver

Edited by: Joe Haynes on Dec 27, 2007 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add to Joe's post , you can check TBTCP table to findout the step user , I think thats easy . Also check

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre

- check SM37 for planned jobs of this user

- check SM59 for RFC destinations if the user was used for the connection authorization

- check in SE01 if he has open transport requests and release or delete them

There might be application specific transaction too, but you didn't mention your systems usage type.

Finally you will have to lock the user and check if things don't work anymore, i don't know a way to be absolutely sure you found everything. You should further think about creating batch users, and scheduling DB13 jobs as DDIC for example in the future.

Regards

Michael