cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating massive data in a client BO using Excel

MTerrazas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Currently, we have a client BO(Business Object) which integrates with other BO's in a standard way; so far, updating them one by one works correctly. However, the user needs to update these data in bulk. As an alternative, we enabled the option through Workbench, but this is not user-friendly for the client.

There is a need for an import option from Excel, similar to the standard option available in Territories:

1.- Select the “upload territory team” option.

2.- The template will be downloaded, and then the data can be updated from Excel.

3.- Upon saving the data, it updates in real-time in Sales Cloud.

It is required that the client BO data update can be performed in the same way(similar to print). Is this possible to implement through SDK development? We have reviewed the documentation and some official blogs, but have found no information regarding this...
Thanks for your help 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello mterrazas,

Your requirement can be achieved with File Input, please follow the below link:

https://opensap-public.s3.openhpicloud.de/courses/5kZQMbOV4aHVsxS741qSlg/rtfiles/23oGoeZ8agSusxcrRRm...

The additional task here is that after the user fills in the excel with data, they need to Export the file and save it as XML.
Then, this XML is uploaded and processed in File Input view, under Administrator and if no errors occurs regarding to data provided, the records are created in the BO.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Thiago

MTerrazas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello thiago.sarmento

Thank you for your response. What you suggest is correct, in fact, I have managed to carry out the same process from Workbench (as indicated in the description). What I really want to know is if it can be done in the same way as in the standard Workcenter "Territories", where there is an option "Upload Territory Team". This downloads an Excel template, and when I make any changes, they are automatically saved in Sales Cloud. If this is the case, how could I do it for a Custom BO?

Thank you for your support, regards.

ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello mterrazas,

As far as I am concerned, no.
So I suggest to stick with the file input.

Thanks and regards,
Thiago

Answers (0)