cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Ping a web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing Solution Manager 7.1 Sp06.  In System Preparation step 4.3 (Enable Web Services) you run the activity Create Logical Ports.  The activity completes with success (green), but I am unable to ping the ports.  Using soamanager and 'Ping Web Service' I get the error 'Web service ping failed (RC=403). Service Ping ERROR: Forbidden'. 

I opened an OSS Message and support said error this was normal, but I think there is an underlying problem becuase I also have a problem with service /sap/bc/srt/scs/sap/e2e_dpc_push, which is Not Found.

How do I find, check, and test these webservices if 'Ping' is not a reliable test?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damon,

Did you maintain webdispatcher details ?

Check this note if not already seen - 1659135  - Web service invocation problem  on the Solman 7.1

Thanks,

Samik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.  'Configure Web Dispatche'r is step 4.1.  It is set to sapps3:50000, which is working.

In 'Simplified Service Configuration' all three (Basic, X.509, and Ticket Authentication) are selected.  However, I saw that soamanager is telling me 'No HTTPS protocal maintained on this server. X.509 auth. may not work.'

Could this be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have mentioned earlier and also confirmed by SAP, I would like to repeat it:

"The RC=403 for a ping test in SOAMANAGER is actually not an error"

Background:
-----------

1. Ping is sending a simple request without content to the other side.

2. There the WSNAVIGATOR gets called as the request is not a correct content to execute the service.

3. The user you set up for the connection does not have authorization for the WSNAVIGATOR (it does not needs it).

As per my understanding HTTP 403 is good response for pinging webservices. This has no negative affect on the system. If the step in solman_setup executed successfully, then it is OK and the error can be ignored, as it is caused by the nature of the "ping" procedure.

Some related notes for your reference:

SAP Note 1659135

SAP Note 1752309

SAP Note 1663549

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I open a OSS Message with SAP and they are confirming if things are setup correctly.  It may be that an HTTP 403 error is acceptable, but I don't like it.  If the tool uses its own internal test and get an erro then I expect it is really an error.  Otherwise the tool should interpret it as a success.

Answers (0)