cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template for Output Structure of Scripted Calc View

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to use a template (existing AN or CA view) for creating the Output Structure of Scripted Calc View? It seems like a very laborious process creating it one field at a time and having to enter all data types again.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kraft,

As workaround I've started to export / change XML (or copying past) using text editor / reimport with other name, this was usefull for preexistent structures.

At the end I was using SQL script to create a brand new XML from table type (reading view table_columns) and generating the XML using a predefined template.

Regards, Fernando Da Ros

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, currently that's the only way to create output structure. Unfortunately there is no Copy+Paste rows option or upload from file option or copy from existing structure option.

This topic was discussed in my SAP training and the answer was "no.. can't help it". Hence it is recommended to use Graphical option.

I am sure lot of us want to know if this has improved.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Graphical Calc views don't work in all use cases. For an example see my post on the count distinct problem. SAP uses scripted calc views in most of their RDS solutions also so there appears to be a discrepancy between prescription and practice.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My experience so far is, Graphical view works ONLY in simple use cases. Most of my use cases can be implemented only by SQL script based Calc views.

I had to create all the output structures manually, which as you mentioned is a painful job.

At least Copy + Paste of rows should have been made available.

Regards,

Ravi