cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system command in Process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a system command in the process chain which points to a command file that is supposed to run. My problem is that when I transport the PC, the path on the system command remains same.

I want it to change the path from /md.... in dev to /mq... in QA and /ma... in PROD.

Is there anyway to automate this process? Right now i have to keep track of it and change the system command in each system. I have missed a couple and it creates some problems.

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

One way to solve this is to work this with your UNIX administrator. You can do the following:

1) Create a symbolic link in your dev, qa, and prod which points to the correct directory.

For example, in dev, you can do the following:

link -s <whatever new name here, e.g. target> /md

In QA, you can do the following:

link -s <whatever new name here, e.g. target> /mq

and so on..

2) Instead of using the /md, /mq directories, you can use the symbolic directory instead in your system commands.

e.g. ls -l /target instead of ls -l /md

This might not help you a lot now but it will make things easier in the future because you will know that the symbolic link points to the correct directory of whatever box.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can edit the process chain in your QA system and production system.

1) RSA1

2) Transport connection

3) Shift+F11

4) Look for the row marked RSPC, right mouse click on the last cell, and change the value to "Everything Changeable"