cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum is 0 but single values exist!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we got the problem that our query does not display any value in the sum, but we have values in several single entrys when drilling-down on a more detailed level!

We are using a condition in the formula for the key figure.

Do you know such a behaviour? Does anybody have a hint how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

bivision

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using the following formula condition:

(KF1 > 0 ) * KF2 * NODIM(Amount) + (KF1 <= 0 ) * KF3

I'm now on this problem for about 5 days...Bex (neither 3.5 nor 7.0 ) doesn't fully want to execute this formula. I tried several other declarations of this formula, but nothing worked well. In the most times, the first part is being executed well, but the second part not. That's why I now did split up the formula in one IF and one ELSE part. The IF part always seems to work well. The second part not... The KF's are all amounts with same currency (EUR)...

Now, I got to a point that the ELSE-part is working on each single entry...but it doesn't want to sum up... the summation option is set...and it works well with any other formula/condition!

We don't know what to do anymore...

Hope that anyone can give me some more input / hints!

bisivion

Former Member
0 Kudos

The boolean seems correct. Can you define KF1 KF2 & KF3 so we can understand better. And I am sure you would have checked the summation on the Formula KF.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I try the boolean with standard figures (IF part = 100; ELSE part = 200), bex is showing another behaviour: the sum is now wrong and not 0! But if I drill down on a more detailled view, the single values are correct again and then, the sum is correct...!

The summation of the used KF works. We use them in other formulas as well... It's just that formula which doesn't want to work...

Anybody got an idea?

Regards

bivision

Edited by: bivision2008 on Apr 29, 2008 8:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the properties of the Key Figure and see what is specified in the "Calculate Result as..". It should be "Summation"

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should give me further details about the condition you are using but it could be a problem in the KF aggregation. If you are using min as aggregation you could have this result .