Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange: report's SI_UPDATE_TS getting updated on infostore query

atul_chowdhury2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends -

I've discovered a very strange behaviour, whereby a query issued against one of my BOE environments that looks like this:

select top 2000 * from ci_infoobjects where si_kind = 'FullClient' and si_instance = 0

...retrieves the top 2000 Desktop Intelligence report InfoObjects (which is OK), but then it mysteriously updates the SI_UPDATE_TS property of each of the 2000 infoobjects. So, if I ran this query at 4:15:43am, all of the retrieved infoobjects now have an SI_UPDATE_TS time of 4:15:43am.

This system is a standalone BOE server with a complete, default installation stack.

BOE: XI3.1 SP3 (no FPs)

Auditor installed: Yes

Any help or insights appreciated -

Atul

Edited by: Atul Chowdhury on Jan 27, 2011 11:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I haven't encountered that issue - I recall some time back opening a document with ReportEngine updated the timestamp, but I'm assuming you're not opening 2000 reports here.

You might want to trace the CMS to see what's going on.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

atul_chowdhury2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

+2 for suggesting a CMS trace.

>> I'm assuming you're not opening 2000 reports here.

That's exactly what I'm doing, actually. 2000 Desktop Intelligence reports are being queried for via iinfostore.query("select top 2000 ...") - and upon doing so, result in an updated SI_UPDATE_TS as of the time the object was queried.

This is actually happening with both Desktop Intelligence and Web Intelligence report types. In fact, it may even be happening with Universe files as well. Someone else seemed to have encountered this at : http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=167314 . I will pursue a trace and see what comes of it.

Thanks for the insights -

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happens to me too when I use this query, the SI_UPDATE_TS does not seem updated when an instance schedule status is = 0 or 1 or 3.

SELECT TOP 1 SI_SCHEDULEINFO.SI_DEPENDENCIES, SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS, SI_RECURRING, SI_NEXTRUNTIME, SI_ENDTIME, SI_STARTTIME, SI_KIND, SI_NAME, SI_ID, SI_PARENTID, SI_UPDATE_TS,

SI_STATUSINFO FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE

SI_NAME='<Report Instance Name>' AND SI_INSTANCE=1 AND SI_RECURRING=0 AND SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS != 8 AND SI_KIND IN ('Webi', 'Excel', 'Pdf', 'Txt', 'Publication')

SI_UPDATE_TS >= '<current date>' ORDER BY SI_UPDATE_TS DESC

As you can see, I am using SI_UPDATE_TS to query for the latest instance.  When it runs, it does not update the SI_UPDATE_TS field, so the instance does not return or fall in the SI_UPDATE_TS criteria.

Answers (0)