cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange JDBC problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a trange problem in XI. In RWB-> Communication Channel Monitoring, I have chanced to check whether the receiver JDBC adapter is running properly or not. There I can see an error, a strange error I have ever faced. It's saying

" Processing Errors in last 3 days".

Whereas in the detail of that error it's showing "Functioning".

I have checked with the database guys, thay are saying that database is up and running properly and the configuration of the JDBC adapter is fine. yet in RWB, it's showing "Processing Error" and in the detail of that error it's showing "Functioning". This is what has confused me either.

Could you please help me to get out of this confusion.

BR

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In RWB, Click the details button in the channel monitoring or click on the link provide and also check the component monitoring and check the adapter monitoring for the JDBC adapter there also you can check the channel wise errors for the particular adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have posted this thread after checking in Component Monitroing->Comm Channel Monitoring. Whatever error I am getting there I have posted in my previous post. And by the way, now Adapter Monitoring is now a part of channel Monitoring. I have checked everywhere but can't find that.

Please advice what would be the next step to proceed.

BR

Soumya

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

is it JDBC CC working fine ro still giving problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Database is running as I came to know from them. Only in RWB, I can see " Processing Errors in last 3 days" whereas in the detail section it's showing "Functioning", but still it is in red, that means there is a problem which I am unable to grab.

Could you please help me to grab and kill that problem.

BR

Soumya

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i do get that problem sometimes and it shows the same error but the CC works fine..

still i have adapter with same error saying processing errors in the last 20 hours ..

up to my understanding there was a error in the message that i processed 20 hours back after that message i didnt processed any message..if we processed it looks fine i guess.

may be i am wrong..if you findout please let me know..

Thanks

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya..

there is no error in ur interface....its working fine...

It is saying error in last 3days...that means u might have executed in last three days and it might have showed error during this period..

But now ur interface has got no error...

as it is mentioning "functioning" and "error in last 3days" so no peroblem at all...

Reward points if found usefull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error might have occured 3 days back so it will be still showing red in the log. But now it is fuctioning well so it is showing functioning.

You can view the error message by checking the audit log of the comm channel.

-Pinkle

Answers (0)