cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step by step process of client import

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts

this is suresh , here i performed client export/import process(transport domain is same for both system)

client export over with warnings and i need for client import

below are my steps(performed) :

after client import, i copied those co-files and data files in to target system then

excuting t-code -stms_import in target system and checked in queue

then i didn't find my transport request in target file (stms_import)so i added my transport request in Extras>other requests>add

then it shows error description:

(transport control program tp ended with error code 0212)

ERROR:could not access file as supposed(see dev_tp or s)

what happened i dont know so please i need some help at this stage ,what can i do next

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You will not get the transport automatically in your target system. You need to add the same, this is absolutely correct.

Before adding the TR to the buffer, please make sure that you are copying cofile and data file in correct folders of target system's transport directory.

Also make sure that both cofile and data file should be having ownership as sidadm:sapsys where sid is your target system's sid. Change the permission as well.

Cheers !!!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all  problem  solved 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

This error was due to user permission, generally data and cofile will not generate in SAP*, so

First create one user in target syste with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW access

Second Login as the newly created full access user account

Third go for STMS_IMPORT--> refresh, now search for the TR.

Now you can find TWO TR which generated during EXPORT & finally do the IMPORT process.

If the TR not found means, add the TR manually by STMS_IMPORT-->EXTRAS-->OTHER REQUEST and try.

Regards,

Vinodh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Change the owner and permission of the export files. It should match with target systems owner.

Give full permission to the export files after you copy it to target system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori