cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step 10 Handler Class - No Service Definition created

peter_munt4
Participant
0 Kudos

Tutorials: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-environment-business-partner.html
--------------------------

I have on my SAP BTP the ABAP Free Trial and want it connected to my S/4 Hana Cloud. I am following the instructions and Step 10 where they had created the Service Consumption Model and it seems a Service Definition. It is in this Service Definition that we are meant to Retrieve Name of ZA_BusinessPartner_ Data Definition and put that into line 46 DATA(ls_bupa) = VALUE za_businesspartner_( ...

However when I create the ODATA Service Consumption Model from my EDMX that I have in my SAP_COM_0008 for Business Partner (A2X) it does not allow for changes to the artifact name or create the Service Definition. The Service Definition would be the key element that is missing - why does it not generate it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Bernhard is right: the tutorial is outdated. However, a successor tutorial is already available: Implement an Outbound Service Call in SAP BTP, ABAP environment for an OData Service via Service Con.... Can you have a look, please? I sketched the differences in my How to Call OData Service in SAP S/4HANA Cloud from SAP BTP, ABAP environment blog.I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards
Kai

peter_munt4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kai

thanks for your reply too !. Has made my end of year better now that I have hooked at least 1 scenario together.

Cheers

Peter

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

glad to hear.

Best regards
Kai

bernhard_grusie
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

This tutorial is outdated. Sorry about that. We will update the tutorial.

Since 2311 we have changed the persistence of the OData SCM, see https://blogs.sap.com/2023/11/06/service-consumption-model-2-for-odata-client-proxy/

Could you follow the tutorial linked in the "Connecting to a Remote Service" section of the blog?

We create type definitions in the model class that your client can use.

Best regards
Bernhard

peter_munt4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard

thanks for the reply ! I have now read your blog etc. I followed on with this via the tutorial suggested by Kai below.