cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP9 WPF Viewer New Issues

anthony_osicka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, SP9 has introduced 2 NEW issues for the WPF Viewer: 1. The busy circle no longer shows when loading the report meaning the user gets no feedback that something is happening on long loading reports. 2. If you press the refresh button the report refreshes but remains disabled and the busy circle (which now appears) never goes away. Thanks Anthony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Not sure what you are doing but I see the busy on both the initial load and the refresh.

This is my refresh screen:

Windows 7 64 bit and VS 2010 with SP 9.

Need more details now...

If the busy signal never goes away its waiting for info or can't connect. You need to do some debugging now...

Don

anthony_osicka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

We have been running Crystal Reports in our application for over 2 years and it has been stable. They only thing that I have changed to get this problem is the upgrade to SP9.

My development environment is Windows 7 32bit, Visual Studio 2012.

As can be seen from the image below, the data has been refreshed and shown, it is just the busy circle that is not going away.

These issues occur when the Viewer is inside a Tab Control. When not in a Tab Control (like your application screenshot) it works.

I rolled back to SP8 and these issues are not there. After reinstalling SP9 the issues are there.

Thanks

Anthony

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've just finished doing a bit of testing on this and can not duplicate the issue using tabs either:

My report is relatively simple, but does take about 4 seconds to render. E.g.; the "busy circle" is on the report for that long, then goes away. I can than tab to the second report, same thing happens there. Ditto when refreshing a report on either tab.

I suppose it comes down to the difference between your report(s) and my reports. Are you able to reproduce the issue with saved data report? What's the database? What connection method? What OS? Are you running the app from the app exe or the .NET IDE?

As usual, the more info on how to repro, the better.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

0 Kudos

And Anthony, PLEASE be complete, 2 of us have tested this now because we did not have the complete story... I don't see any mention you were using Tabs in your original post or details about your report or data source or how many pages your report displays etc...

And it doesn't matter if this is a continuation of some other post. Need details for each post as your environment may change over time.

As Ludek said, the more info the merrier...

Thanks again

Don

anthony_osicka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Your screenshot is from a Windows Forms app, the window title Form1 is a dead giveaway.

The issue I am reporting is for the WPF Viewer inside a TAB Control in a WPF application.

The issue is not environmental, nor report definition related. If I install SP8, the issue is not there. When I install SP9, the issue is there.

Thanks

Anthony

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies Anthony. SCN is a "bottom of the list" priority - phone calls take way higher precedence and I was trying to do this as I was on another call. Brought up the wrong project.

What I bring up an actual, real WPF project, I do get the issue. It's late here now, but tomorrow I'll revert back to SP 8 and see if I get the same behavior as you. E.g.; it will work. And then, back to the developers...

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony

I think I need more info on how you are implementing / coding the tabs. While I can repro the issue, I have to do some pretty specific and incorrect steps to get the reported behavior. A two tab app, calling two different reports works. Reports refresh and I can tab back and forth, refresh, what ever. Umm, just so we're on the same page, here is a screenshot showing that this is a WPF app with two tabs and a WPF viewer:

- Ludek

anthony_osicka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I am adding tabs to the tab control from code behind with the Viewer (also created from code behind) set as the tabs content.

Please do not reply and tell me I am doing this the incorrect way. This has worked since the first release of the WPF viewer and was only broken in SP9 when the developers fixed ADAPT01705270.

The fact the you were able to reproduce these issues easily should be enough to send it back to the developers to fix.

I apologise if I seem annoyed but I have wasted numerous hours testing every release since SP4 only to find that they were broken in ways that made the viewer unusable.

Thanks

Anthony

anthony_osicka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any update on these issues?

Thanks

Anthony

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I never intended to accuse you of doing things in an incorrect way... I only meant to say I did get the the issue while me and my self doing the project in specific incorrect ways. No reflection on you or how you are doing the project. SCN posts get a highly limited amount of dedicated time. Phone incidents take precedence. If you can provide a simple project that demos the issue, I'll take a look. Your other option is to create a phone incident here:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/en_US/pd/productID.98078100

Note that if this turns out to be a bug, the incident will be refunded.

- Ludek

anthony_osicka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Would you mind explaining what "specific and incorrect steps" you took to reproduce the issue so that I can make sure I am not doing the same thing?

Thanks

Anthony

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really don't remember. It's one of those "hit any key" - "what key did I just hit" things. And like I said it was my fault. I was not even trying to add tabs to the tab control from code behind with the Viewer and set that as the tabs content.

- Ludek

Answers (0)