cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source>SDI>SLT>CFIN or Source>BODS>SLT>CFIN or Source>Magnitude>SLT>CFIN?

former_member638205
Discoverer

To all integration experts,

I am in the midst of exploring SAP Central Finance (CFIN) for my client and presented of integration challenge.

there are a few options revolving extracting data from source system (Non-SAP) and replicating data (real-time or NRT) into CFIN(S4).

Option1:

SDI: to extract Data from source system and send data to SLT

SLT: acts as staging area for data

CFIN: receive data from SLT for central reporting and payment

Option2:

BODS:Extract from Source

SLT: Staging

Option3:

Magniture(3rd party accelerator): Extract from Source

Option4:

DSP(3rd party): Extract from Source

my questions:

1- Can SLT directly extract data from Non-SAP System without having the need for another intermediary (like SDI,BODs..etc), if it can, then what is the road to this solution?

2- What is your thoughts about the presented options? what is the pros/cons from your experience? what is your recommendation (even if it is a separate option)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sherryharminder
Participant
0 Kudos

Would you please let me know what are our source SAP system.

for NON SAP application or SAP application please follow the below SAP note:

NON-SAP

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2481900

SAP

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2154420

All the best, hope this helps!

jonkgreen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Of your options listed above 2 through 4 are all using the same technology to underpin the solutions, SAP Data Services. So the pros and cons for those solutions really depend on what visibility, workflow and control around the SAP DS processing logic that you require. Also consider that there is work involved up front of the integration to ensure the required master data supports the CFin deployment, i.e. Customer / Vendor or Business Partner, Cost and Profit Centers, GL Accounts etc. Real time replication of data under the DSP solution is performed by its DBMoto technology which does both trigger and log based data replication which is not something DS does, so this complements the solution well in identifying changed data efficiently in the source landscape. In answer to question 1 SLT can be configured to work with non SAP systems but the recommended approach from SAP would be to use an ETL tool to feed the SLT staging tables to trigger the loading process.

Jon Green, Product Manager of the DSP solution, Syniti formerly BackOffice Associates

former_member638205
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

You mentioned for comparability it depends on "visibility, workflow and control around the SAP DS processing logic that you require".
Can you elaborate on visibility, workflow, and control with example, and how other clients approach these parameters.

the other question, would DSP be able to pull data from a source in real time where CDC is not enabled at the source DB?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ahmed