Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adapter and web services - how is this working in general

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

totally newbee to this issue.

That is how I understand it:

XI SOAP adapter - to generate a SOAP message (here: inbound -> send message to web service)

With -> tools -> define web services I can get the WSDL description of that what is coming out of XI when using the SOAP adapter. (XI help says: send it to the web service, so that they can adapt their interface to understand our XI message).

Now I have a web service on the other site, waiting for a message. The web service provider offers the WSDL description of how he expects the message partners have to send to him.

Now there is a gap in the middle because both WSDL do not look like they can fit.

My intention: we need something to map both message structures. So additional programming is necessary?

But where does this make sense? Is there any chance to create something which changes the XI SOAP message into what the web service expects? And where to place this? On the WAS of XI?

XI sends SOAP mess. to this "adapter/mapper" which converts the message and sends it to the web service (external URL)?

This looks like SOAP Adapter needs some additional work before it can be used. My idea was in the beginning that this is something more standardized .

Can anybody help and give an idea how to proceed now?

Best regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this weblog....may help you to undesrtand the implementation of webservices...

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

sekhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

some more info on weblogs...

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700006944112005E/HowToDevlopWebserviceApp.pdf

Also how to guide for web Services:

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700004358262004E/HowToGuideWebService.pdf

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sekhar,

now this becomes clearer to me!

Best regards

Dirk