cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms - how to force page break

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i need to create a new page when i read a new customer record. Is there away to do this i would like to be able to check my itab2-kunnr and when it changes i need to create a new page.

thanks Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a Flow Logic Command with a condition statement to force a page break.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i think i see what you mean .. now when i do this i have to compare it. Now how can i move the value itab2-kunnr to some Work Area so i could compare it to find out when itab2-kunnr is not equal to WA-kunnr.. how do i get the data to WA-kunnr ??

thanks scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use <i>Flow Logic Program Lines</i> to move the kunnr value. <i>Program Lines</i> allows you to insert ABAP code within certain areas of the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh ok if i can do that i can make it work then. thanks i will award points too...

scott

former_member188419
Participant
0 Kudos

Try to loop at the table and with in the loop, use template and command "Goto new page"options. That should work.

Hari

Message was edited by: Hari Krishna Nalluri

Message was edited by: Hari Krishna Nalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hari,

ok i will try this, boy this change the users want is taking some time.

thanks scott

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try creating a folder and having these three lines inside thie folder. Then if you set the page protection for the folder it will make sure that the page break happens if there is not enough space to print the whole folder.

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Right now when i create the document there can be 1 to several hunderd pages for one customer. What i need to do is when the customer number changes then i need to start a new page so i can put the new heading information on the new page.

I am also pretty new at smartforms but the program is working but the users just changed the requirments to do this change on customers.

I am not sure what you meant about the three lines in a new folder.

can you explain more thanks.

scott