cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Replication - Status Scheduled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue while replicating tables from an ECC(source system) into HANA server(target system).

I have a working SLT replication server which is hosted on a different system than the source system.

The replication status is showing 'Scheduled' for the last 48 hours.

Can you suggest some measures to solve this issue ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error was in the ECC system which was being used in the replication. It did not have enough free memory to create new database triggers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shreepad,

After you freed up the memory did you have to restart the replication for the tables. If yes, how did you restart it?

Thanks

Dee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dee,

Using LTR Tcode in the SLT server you can restart the replication of tables. You can restart the master job here.

--Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shreepad,

You shared that issue was in ECC as it did not have enough memory to create trigger.  I am facing similar issue and I have two questions:

1. How much memory is required to create trigger?

2. How did you figure out that it did not have enough memory?

Thanks,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I created one Z table and its showing status as 'Scheduled' for long period of time. how to resolve the same?

BR

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be few reasons for this. One of simple reason would jobs available and no of tables for replication.  You can try suspend all other tables and then check.

If that does not resolve, please share couple of pieces of information

1. Goto LTR and click on relevant schema; On "Trigger" tab, check if you see yellow triangle and if yes, what is message next to it.

2. Goto LTRC, under Table processing tab what all prep steps are completed.

3 What is type and volume of this table? Which reading type r u using to move the tables?

Thanks.

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just went to LTR and see below error.

BR

Smeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try doing the Data Transfer Jobs and Initial Load Jobs as 0, 0, of other Configurations/Schemas in SLT's LTR transaction.

Regards,

Papil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Papil,

I have no other configurations/schemas currently configured other than the one which I am talking about.

Can you tell me what should be the values of DT Jobs and init. jobs if this is the only config./schema in SLT. I have it set as 10,2.

I don't think that will be a problem because I just have 5 jobs(including 3 standard tables) as my replication jobs, 2 jobs as executed and all other are in Scheduled state(about 3 more).

Can you please elaborate on what these numbers in setting mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be many reason why your load is failing.

1) Were you able to replicate other tables?  If not check your RFC and DB connections

2) Do you have enough BGDs to replicated - check on SM37 to see if there is any job on wait mode.

3) Do you have any transformation built in with the SLT? if yes check your codes

4) If all above are okay then check the following.

Go go MWBMON  in SLT and check the replication status for this specific table.  if it is marked as fail check the SM21 and ST22 in SLT and the ECC.

If there is nothing found, then check to see if you have the log table created in the ECC use t-code

IUUC_REMOTE

Otherwise just follow the clean up process and restart the replication.  make sure to reset the flag in HANA as well.  RS_LOADSTATUS table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haran,

First of all thank you for your reply

I tried with step number 1 & 2, it was all normal there.

Coming to 3, I  don't have any transformation built in SLT.

I checked in MWBMON, After entering details I went to Relevant Tables tab, it showed no tables.

I checked IUUC_REMOTE from ECC in which I was not so sure to what to look for in "Expert Functions" as there was no option in the first tab, but still I checked the "Analyze short dumps" which were not created.

I was hesitant to have to restart the replication as already replicated (Status "In Processing") tables are in use.

The thing is that when I restart my master job in the LTR t-code from SLT server then it will then change the status of my job to "Executed", but this is required to be done manually after every table that is given for replication

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Haran

One my replication table status is in scheduled status for a long time. I was able to replicate other new tables. I tried deleting it from HANA Studio and messed it up  I guess. I would like to clean it out completely and start the replication from the scratch for that table. Could you please point me in the right direction for steps to be followed. FYI, the MWBMON has an error flag set for this table.

Thanks, Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Even we had a similar issue, what we did in our case was that we did a physical reboot of the SAP HANA server, though its not recommended but it solved our problem.

If you are thinking of reboot take care that you stop all replications from the SLT server (use LTR tcode to stop the connections) before you restart HANA.

Thanks

Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haran,

I was going through your post... I have a scenario where i have ECC DEV-SLT DEV and HANA Dev. When i schedule a table replication in SAP HANA it goes to SLT as a dialogue process and further to ECC also as a dialogue process. Can you please let me know if there is any way where i can schedule them as background processes......

Cheers

Nilesh

Ayax
Participant
0 Kudos

Make sure you have more transfer jobs than initial load jobs, otherwise the master job will not be able to start.

Regards,

Ayax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayax,

I am using 'Data Provisioning' from SAP HANA Studio.

By 'transfer jobs' do you mean Replication Jobs?

If yes, then I already have more replication jobs than the load jobs.

can you please suggest some other measure to solve this issue.