Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SAC Live Connection

tskwin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to set up SAP IAS/IPS as a proxy with Azure and subsequently establish a connection from SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) using Live Connections CORS to a HANA On-Premise database.

What would be the most effective approach to accomplish this? Additionally,What I'm is the best method to synchronize users from the HANA database to SAC.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srikanthin
Participant
0 Kudos

@tskwin ,

On-Premise SAP HANA database user will not sync with the Identity Authentication Service. 

tskwin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @srikanthin,

Am I understanding this correctly? The users from Azure are provisioned to IAS first, and then to SAC, and from SAC, a Live Connection (SSO) is established with each respective user?

Thank you very much

Best Regards

srikanthin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tskwin,

To configure the Azure AD with Identity Authentication Service you can refer below link.

https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/cp-ias-azure-ad-cf.html

To establish a connection between SAC and HANA On-Premise database you need to have SSL certificate for the database as well as user need to have this sap.bc.ina.service.v2.userRole::INA_USER role for the user which you will be using for SAC connection.

tskwin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi srikanthin

Thank you for your response. The upper part, Azure AD and IAS, is already configured. However, I am a bit unclear. Are the users from SAP HANA synchronized to IAS using IPS and then to SAP SAC? I still don't understand this part.

Thank you.

Best Regards