Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EP Migration 7.0 to 7.4:Custom PAR after migration giving Error

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Recently we have migrated to our EP from 7.0 to 7.4. As a part of this migration we have some custom PAR applications which are migrated to EP7.4 in NWDS 7.3 and deployed as EAR files.

After executing we are getting the below error: while trying to invoke the method javax.servlet,http.HttpServletRequest.getMethod() of a null object loaded from a local variable request.

In the logs I do not find any hint which is related the Application code.

In LogViewer error screenshot is attached

portal-app-error.jpg

portal-errors.jpg

Please help if anybody is facing the same issue while migrating the Portal from EP7.0 to 7.4

Thanks and Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

cristiano_mazzotti
Active Participant

Hi Kalyan,

When you migrated the application in NWDS, did you took care the resolve all the dependencies using NW 7.4 libraries?

Posting the full error stack would be helpful to investigate the cause of the issue too.

Best regards,
Cristiano L. Mazzotti

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved by myself.

The issue is usage of the older security management API in 7.4 .

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved by myself.

The issue is usage of the older security management API in 7.4 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you can also try changing the application URL OR iview parameters by adding request method like "GET" as a parameter value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

This method should return the type http request GET, POST, or PUT. Check the Developer traces OR Default trace. If you don't find anything there either check the network trace using Fiddler tool while running the application OR try WDJ debug mode.

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Could you provide the full stack trace? (remove any sensitive info)

Best regards,

Nick