cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Crystal report viewer causes post back in ASP.Net application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using SAP Crystal report viewer for loading reports in an ASP.Net application. The crystal report version is 13 and VS version 2010. The issue is, after loading the report, when the user moves to the next page or select any record from left side group tree or zoom or do any action, it causes a postback and it loses all the information about the report and its parameters. This makes us to re-set all the values and load the report again in the report viewer. This causes a major performance hit and i would like to get any solutions for this. I tried to put the viewer inside AJAX update panel, but still it doesnt work. Please help me, because the client is putting lot of pressure to solve this problem.

Thanks

Biju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use of 'Sessions' should solve your problem.

Add the reportdocument object into a session and then use it, it will avoid the postbacks.

Take a look at the below article

[Improving Crystal Reports Performance in Visual Studio .NET Applications|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8029cc96-6ff3-2b10-47a2-b30ea790ea5b]

Hope it helps,

Bhushan

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As correctly suggested by Bhushan, you can also read following, they generally deal with persisting the CR .NET Web apps

Thanks,

Saurabh

Answers (0)