cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Batch Option

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP so bear with me on this simple question. We have SAP ECC, SAP CRM, SAP eWM/SCM, and SAP GTS ... All SAP installations are using MS SQL database. I am able to create reports using SAP ECC interface. But, what I really need is to schedule a job to run the same report in a batch mode. For example, SAP ECC report "MKVZ - List of Vendors Purchasing". Is there a way to execute and schedule SAP ECC queries/reports in a batch mode?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transaction "su01" is used for User Maintenance profile.

Under this screen, the "Roles" and "Profile" tab has the authorization information. Of course you need to drill-down to find out what what each Roles/Profile your user-id has

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paolo.

How do I find out the group and/or authorization I have on SAP under my user-id ?

paolo_baruffaldi
Participant
0 Kudos

without SM36 transaction and authorization object S_BTCH_JOB you can't schedule a job to be executed in background and repeatedly, but probably you can ask your system administrator to set up the job for you, executed with your user account, or defining a scheduled job that will send you the report result via e-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information on "Scheduling Backgroud Jobs".

It appears I am not authorized to use SM36 transaction 😞

basv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on what kind of reports you are scheduling, I think you should look for standard SAP job scheduling

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/2b2954365474fee10000000a421937/frameset.htm

If you are specifically referring to the scheduling of SAP Queries,

you can schedule it to run in background in SM36. You'll need the program name for the query which you can get in SQ02, Menu Query-> More Functions -> Display Report Name. You then use this report name in SM36 to schedule.

Kr,
Bas