Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sac Story layout with cell based calculations

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Experts

I am looking to find a way if this kind of layout is achievable in SAC Story layout.

The first part of the layout with Dim values against a measure works as expected, however the remaininv summary calculations is a pain.

I tried grid option, but we require some input control for currency conversion which is not possible in a grid layout.

Table layout, I don't see such an option to manage multiple measures in a single column.

Thanks

Srini

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

Any more ideas to achieve this?

I am planning to do try these options to see which ones comes close to the requirement.

1. Add a dummy dimension with Summary dimension values ( balance, settled, etc) and use calculated measure with if else to place respective measures for each cell

2. Add a new tables for summary section and add new rows in the table widget and do cell references and hide / mask the calculated measures in the table to make it look like a single table.

I will let you know my results soon..

Thanks

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sowmiya_C
Active Participant

Hi Srinivas V,

Using measure input control we can maintain and control multiple measures in one column based on the selection .

Create a New Measure Input control in the table Canvas . Also,You can achieve the calculations in the table.

Thanks,

Sowmiya

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sowmiya,

Thanks for your feedback. Can you elaborate on your Suggestion? I already use cross calculation currency conversion Input control in my story and did not see an option to manage multiple formulas in a column.

Regards.

Srini

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you tried to use IF conditiation in a calcuated measure to show which measure based on different dim value?

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks William for this hint. I will try this though I am sceptical considering I have more than 3 calculated measures for a dimension.

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi William, tried this option. As the summary (Balance, settled) are not Dim values, there are possible to be included in the If condition In a calculated measure..

Thanks. Do you see any option? Is it possible to refer cells in a other table widget to populate the numbers? Note that is a static table with only input control on Period selection and currency.