Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run BDC in Custom ODATA Service

durgaprasad_sharma2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We have created a ODATA Service and inside the ODATA service I am trying to call BDC for ME53N screen because i need to capture standard code of Flexible workflow data exactly how it is displayed in Workflow TAB in ME53N but its throwing DUMP of docket container CNTL_ERROR. please help me to solve the error.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without code, without details, difficult to help...

One of the two reasons of dump CNTL_ERROR is that ABAP attempts to display dynpro in a session disconnected from SAP GUI.

Even Batch Input (term which superseded BDC a long time ago) without OData may trigger such a dump, did you try by running this batch input without OData?

durgaprasad_sharma2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sandra.rossi,

ya without odata its running fine when calling from fiori app same program is reporting dump.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, asking for complements, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the batch input "works" (as you say) without OData (I guess you mean without showing any screen), then it means you didn't analyze enough because if it was the exact same context, the batch input which runs with OData should not show any screen and OData would not fail.

durgaprasad_sharma2
Participant
0 Kudos

yes sandra got your point it failing i know but do we have any workaround where we can run the session in ODATA without failing anything wayout for finding approval flow data of PR in Table i am also attaching snapshot for you .

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Batch input is not relevant then.

I would ask another question with title "get the contents of Workflow TAB in ME53N", to ask how to get it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello durgaprasad.sharma2

ME51N or ME53N is not compatible with batch input processing as it uses frontend controls heavily. That is described in the notes:

311440 - Batch input and controls

381630 - Batch input for Enjoy transaction in MM not possible

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

durgaprasad_sharma2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear dominik.tylczynski ,

Thanks for Helping actually my requirement is bit different i want Flexible workflow details of data which is viewwed in ME53N Workflow Tab in header and i can get that calling BDC because the data is dynamically captured in standard program i would have added explicit into it but still if BDC than do we have any option to fetch workflow data same as ME53N tab data displayed. ? in ABAP code.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello durgaprasad.sharma2

Still you can't call ME53N with batch input. Why don't you share a screenshot of what you are trying to fetch - it'll be easier to help you.

durgaprasad_sharma2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir ,

I need below data which from workflow table i am not able to fetch its displaying only single line the reason for BDC is when this tab is clicked i have standard global table where i would have added implicit enhancement to Export data from there to my ODATA Service.

Please it will be gratefull if you can help me in finding logic for same.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor

Did you try anything using FM 'SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER', if that helps to read the WorkFlow Context data.

Thanks,

Sijin